I (Won't) Be Just Fine Without You

"Don't. Answer. The phone... " Sonny said quietly, he Shut off the light so that all the lights were off.

There was a knock on the door. We were silent.

"This is the police....this is the home of Ellie and Sonny....?"

I looked out of the window, the black van was gone and I saw a cop car. I sighed and stood up, Sonny grabbed my arm but I yanked out of his grasp.

I opened the door and sighed, "uh....we're fine. We....saw a black van outside our house and..."

"Uh huh, where's your brother?"

I looked at Sonny who stood up and cleared his throat, "uh, hi.."

Sonny stepped outside and I stepped back. I ran downstairs, Mallory was sitting up on her bed on her phone.

"Hey, who's at the door?"

I shrugged. "Dunno. Sonny is talking to them," I lied.

I layed on my bed and closed my eyes.

---------

I gasped and opened my eyes. It's 3:00 in the morning, only got two hours of sleep. I sighed, I didn't have a dream.....

I got up and went upstairs. I heard talking from Crystal and Sonny's room.

"Sonny....I think we should just stop what we're doing. This is wrong, for Mallory and Ellie."

"Crystal. Didn't we agree this wouldn't ruin anything?"

It was silent.

"Sonny. You can't blame this on anyone. And you know you can't, if anything, blame me."

"No....it's not your fault."

"Good so do you agree with me?"

It was silent.

"Sonny. Please. You have to understand, it doesn't matter if we're not related. We are both related to Ellie. This must be so hard for her."

"She could deal with it...."

I sighed. I looked down as tears strolled down my face. I guess everyone would prefer me gone right?

The door opened as Sonny jumped as he saw me, "Jesus christ Ellie"

He walked past me and I kind of just stood there. I'm going to leave. But no, this time it's not because other people want me too, it's because I want to.

"Ellie, what are you doing?" Sonny asked me as I walked in the kitchen with him,

"Well, I'm not sure. I heard voices. So yea..."

Sonnys face was really red. "So....im going to go...downstairs now"

Sonny shook his head, "nope. Get back in here."

I think this is the first time I'm sort of scared of Sonny.

"What...."

"She broke up with me Ellie."

I nodded, "oh...."

"You know? No offense....but if you didn't wake up, I think we would still be together."

"...says the one who said he was depressed and suicidal when I wasn't awake."

"Yea but I was still with Crystal."

"Yea, sure Sonny, go ahead, be like this to your sister who just got out from the hospital. Go and tell her that things would be better without me! Why don't you tell the whole neighborhood? And while your at it, you might as well give me away to father so he could finally get it right and kill me! Maybe then you'll be happy right?"

"I wouldn't be happy! It would just be...."

"Excuse me?" I said in offense,

"Eaiser? Would it be easier if I was dead?"

Sonny was silent. "Fine. Be that way, I am leaving this stupid house. And not because of you, not just that. Because I want to go"

Sonny shook his head, "you'll be dead, you won't last a day with father on the lose."

"But wouldn't it be easier without me?"

He looked down, "You can't live without me" he barley whispered.

"Oh really? I'll be just fine without you."

I went downstairs. Mallory was sitting on the steps. "What are you doing?" I asked,

"Uh, I heard everything....I was texting Crystal, I was afraid that if I came out... I would be pulled into the fight..."

I shook my head, I went downstairs and grabbed a near by backpack. I threw clothes, and....well nothing else. I grabbed my wallet and looked in it, 800 dollars.

Mallory gave me her wallet, "I may not be able to stop you... but you can have my money, I would go with you but I can't leave Crystal."

I took the wallet, "923 dollars." She said, I nodded. "Thanks, Mal"

I hugged her and ran upstairs to be refreshed with the sound of Crystal and Sonny screaming as Billy was crying.

Without anyone noticing, I snuck out through the front door.

----------

I was walking on the other side of the road where the trees were so just in case Sonny trys to find me.

I sighed, im such an idiot. No. I won't be just fine without Sonny. I need him.

I sighed, but I dont want to turn back. But I have too. For him.

I turned around and started walking back until I saw a van

The black van.

××××××××××××××××××××××

CatSmilesForBandits_