Happy Hour

Pete gave me a strange look. "So...you're 14. You want me to drive you to a motel? Listen kid...im an adult who has two children. I'm not an idiot. You're either saying with me, going to the hospital, or the police station."

"My name is Ellie. Fine. Take me to your stupid house."

He gave me a smile and got back in the car. I stared at the piece of paper on my door and sighed.

I got in the car and looked down at my shoes covered in blood. I don't know why,

"My kids are 7 and 4. The 7 year old is named Ben and the 4 year old is Stevi."

I nodded. "I don't have a wife...", He continued,

"She left me. For another guy"

He didn't start the car. I didn't say anything and looked at him carefully.

"She just left a shitty note....talking about how better this guy was then me."

This went down hill fast. "Pete. If you live alone who is watching your kids?"

"No one. I ran to the store really quick to get something I didn't know I'd be out this late, and picking up some girl I don't even know."

He started the car as I sat back and thought about everything that happened.

Sam had a baby, Sonny was on drugs I think, he started talking about how he was messed up and then passed out. I took him into the hospital and left. Left everyone. Sam, Sonny, Darin, Sydney, Everyone.

"So who are you?"

I jumped and looked at Pete. "I-i already told you."

"No, Ellie. I mean...who are you?"

"Uh, my name is Ellie Baker. I'm 14, I lived with my brother and sisters. Sonny, Mallory, Crystal, And Crystal's son, Billy. Crystal got murdered. Mallory...was murdered too, a faked suicide. My best friend Sam had a baby. That's why I was at the hospital. My brother Sonny was on drugs and passed out. And I left. Now I'm in a car with you. Practically a stranger."

Suprisingly. He didn't care. He didn't react like everyone else. He is still treating me like a normal human being.

"That sucks. I don't know what else to say. You look perfectly fine and that's all that matters right?"

I smiled a little. "Yeah..."

Sonny's POV

I woke up screaming. A nurse held me down as I stopped moving and screaming so she can let me go.

"Where's Ellie?", I asked Sydney who was right next to me. "I have no idea. I thought Darin was with her but I guess not."

"That little piece of crap. I'm going to kill that kid!"

"Shut up Sonny. She probably went home or something"

The nurse let go of me, finally. She just....walked out.

"She didn't just, 'go home', Sydney. She probably went off and did something really dumb."

"Whatever. I heard you guys fighting..."

"I don't even remember."

Sydney rolled her eyes. "Dude, I'm going to be honest here. You are a major fuck up."

"I know..."

Ellie's POV

We pulled up to a big house. "Jesus christ." I mumbled, Pete laughed.

I got out of the car as Pete jogged towards the door. He opened it and walked in as I did too, he Shut the door as two little boys rushed to Pete.

I ignored everything and started wondering what Sonny is thinking right now.

"Hey...Ellie...do you need to use the phone or anything?"

I nodded as he gave me his phone. I dialed Sydney's number.

"Hello?"

"Hi Sydney..."

"Who is this? Ellie?"

"Yes. It's me. How is everything?"

"Uh. Not that good. Where the hell are you?

"Im...uh...at a friend's house."

"At a friend's house? Ellie...what? Seriously where are you."

"I'm really at a friend's house. I called to tell you I'm okay. Tell everyone else I'm okay too. Is Sonny okay?"

"I guess."

I was about to say something but the call ended. As somebody else was calling.

I was going to give It to Pete but, being the stupid person I am, I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello Ellie".

It was the voice of my father

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Idk if I should stop writing this book orrrrr

CatSmilesForBandits_