Unspoken (Watty Awards 2011) Chapter Sixteen: You're Invited

And now begins the fan dedications!! Alrighty this chapter is dedicated to a very nice girl with a very nice profile picture!!! <3333

___________________________________________________________

September 15th                                                                                             

The sleepover was miserable thanks to Lee. I still don’t get why Rosalie invited her, but whatever. If she wants to suck up to Lee, that’s fine with me. Everyone is pretty antsy today. Well, everybody in the soft more grade. Why?

Tomorrow is Lee’s birthday. That’s why. Every year, she throws this HUGE party. Everyone gets an invitation, but only a select few say the two words you’re hoping for: you’re invited. As for everyone else, the card will say something like “You’re NOT invited.” I guess it’s fun for Lee to watch the disappointment spread across their faces like wild fire.

Me? I don’t expect much. If you get your hopes up too much, they’re bound to come crashing down. I’d rather have no hopes and be surprised than have hopes and end up miserable. That’s the way everyone in the outcasts plus me group thinks. With a sigh, I plop down with everyone under the tree. They really don’t seem anxious or anything. We’re expecting the “bad” news.

Rachael scans the crowd. “She’s handing them out now.” I sense a hint of excitement in her voice, but she covers it up quickly.

“Don’t look now but here it comes.” Grant jokes, sending a wave of laughter around the circle. In all honesty, I’d rather be a loser than popular.

“Losers.” Lee’s voice finally reaches our ears as she begins to distribute them. She leaves in a heartbeat, her but shaking as she tries to swing her hips way too much.

When she does, everyone rips open envelopes and they smile. “Party at my place on Friday!” Sunshine announces. Everyone agrees to go. Including me even though I haven’t opened my envelope yet. They encourage me, so I open it and it falls from my fingers.

You’re invited

:*:                                            :*:                                            :*:                                            :*:

I’ve been waiting for Lee for twenty minutes. We’re excused from our electives to work on our duet. So far, we’ve gotten the first twelve seconds down. Twelve seconds. It’s been a week! That’s how long it took me to get my 3 minute 10 second solo. This duet is 4 minutes 27 seconds; how are we supposed to finish and compete in a month or so?! All we do at rehearsal is attempt to dance, but every 30 seconds, someone texts Lee and she has to reply. In the meantime, I’m missing art and I haven’t even started painting.

Finally, she bursts through the door, chewing gum and texting. No freaking surprise. “Sorry. I was handing out invitations for my party this Friday.” She smiles at me and I walk to my I-pod as she carries on. “You know that HUGE party?” I roll my eyes and her gum pops annoyingly loud. Ugh. She’s as shallow as a kiddie pool. “Did you get your invitation, Emma?” she asks. I can feel the smirk in her stupid perky voice. Her smile widens as I nod my head. “You’re coming right?” I shrug, making her smile disappear. Ha. I can’t even stand doing a duet with her; how could I go to a party that’s all about worshiping her? “You should come. It wouldn’t be the same without you.” Yeah right. She wouldn’t notice or care if I did or didn’t show. Before the conversation can go any further, I start the music and become Lee’s puppet like everyone at this damn school.