Unspoken (Watty Awards 2011) Chapter Nineteen: I Might Regret This...

• Dedicated to Kate Weiksnar

Dear readers, this next dedication goes to yet another amazing person I've had the privalige of meeting. Her name is Kate. Kate is my weird, crazy, and just mentally unstable (jk) best friend in the whole wide freaking world. Even though she's a year younger than me. She is also in love with Nevil Longbottom.... I actually met her last year at a sailing camp...how odd right? Anyway, thanks for always being there friend <3 I mean pao...

________________________________________________________________

September 19th                                                                                             

Before I knew it, I was on my way to Rosalie’s house. Without Lee. When we arrive, a girl about our age bursts through the garage doors. “Rosalie!” she throws her arms around Rosalie, turns to me, and gives me a quizzical look. “Is this Emma? Oh! She’s so darn pretty!” I try my best to manage a smile as she hugs me. Rosalie gives the girl a glare, and she lets go of me immediately, almost as if I’m too hot or something. Then it hits me. I’m the “autistic one.” Translation: you can’t touch me. Who knows, you might catch it. Yeah right. The feeling of being normal lingers as an awkward silence passes.

Rosalie turns to me. “This is my little sister, Scarlett.” Yes, I remember her. Well, I’ve heard her chatter between classes. “She’s a freshman, and as you can tell, pretty stupid.” Scarlett glares and I actually smile.

************************************************************************

The three of us have been in Rosalie’s room. Sitting. Talking. I look around the room and notice the design. The colors are soft blues, greens, and purples. Everything is gentle here. I kinda like it. And even though the two are the only ones talking, I feel like I’m part of the conversation. I nod my head every so often and just listen. For the first time, I don’t mind just listening. It’s a nice sensation. Feeling welcome. Belonging. I guess I never knew how great it felt to belong. That’s probably why so many people try so hard to find a group, friend, or relationship. It’s cause we want to feel accepted. Now, I get it. And I’m loving the feeling.

I belong.

Rosalie snaps me out of my thoughts. “Alright Scar, we gotta get ready. Cya.” She tries to push her sister out, but Scarlett won’t budge.

“I wanna help Emma get ready! I looked through her things, and I know she won’t survive! Please let me help!” she begs.

Sighing, Rosalie turns to me. “Is it ok with you?” I shrug and Scarlett grins.

“Awesome! You will not regret this!” she pulls out a GIANT make up kit and her eyes glisten with excitement.

Oh God…

I might just regret this…