Chapter 1

I walked into my last class of the day. It was math. I was good at math, but that doesnt mean I don't hate it. My teacher walked over and asked for my homework.
"I don't have it" I said and looked down.
" this is the 3rd time this week that you don't have your homework" he said.
I really don't care about doing my homework. I have other shit to deal with.
My name is Madi and I am 14. I have an amazing mother who is currently dealing with cancer. I also have a step dad, who I really don't like. My real dad was never around. I was basically an accident. My mom refuses to tell me ANYTHING about him.
I also really like the band Green Day. Billie Joe Armstrong is the love of my life. People say we look alike. I think the same. I mean, brown hair (AN: his original hair color) and green eyes, skinny as fuck.
The bell rang and I ran out of the hell hole. I hated school. People would call me emo and a slut and a whore all the time. I mostly just ignored that.
When I walked out of school, I saw my step dad standing there.
" Come on get in the car we need to go see mom. She isn't doing so well." He said quietly.
Great. Just what I needed. Another thing to ruin my already shit-filled day. I got out my phone and turned it on. I plugged my headphones in and started listening to Boulevard of broken dreams.
We got to the hospital and were told to wait in her assigned room.
A couple of minutes later a doctor came in and told us that mom had been in surgery, and didn't make it. I immediately started crying. A CPS dude also came in and told me that I couldn't legally live with my step dad. Good, I thought.
"So that means that you will live with your real dad. We have contacted him and you will fly out to Oakland, California tomorrow at 2:30." He said.
I was really scared since I have never met my dad before. We got in the car and drove home. Wow. What a great day. Got beat up and pushed around at school and then find out that my mom is dead. I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Hey guys so if you liked this chapter comment if you want me to write more!
Love you guys! ❤️