Chapter 20

Billies POV

"I wish mom was here instead of you." Madi said to me. That one hurt, but she can't be having sex at her age! I mean, Jace was a nice guy, but I bet he drove her to do it. I thought she was smarter than that.

Jakob came downstairs. "Dad you should probably go check on Madi. I heard her crying." He said. I nodded and went upstairs.

I walked into her room and saw a sight that no father wants to see.

My beautiful girl, lying on the floor, with slit wrists and a pale face. "Adie call an ambulance!" I said with tears flowing out of my eyes. I ran over to her and fell to my knees beside her.

I took off my shirt and tied it around one of her wrists, and took a random shirt I found on her bed and tied it around her other wrist, hoping that the bleeding would die down.

"Baby I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I'm such a horrible father. I let you do this to yourself. I love you so much." The tears were flowing down my face as EMT's came in with a stretcher.

"Sir I'm gonna need you to step aside." One of them said. I got up and went into my room to get a shirt. Once I walked back into her room, I saw a letter on her bed, labeled "dad". I picked it up and opened it.

"Dear Dad, I have lost the one thing that made me happy, so I have no will to live. I hope you are happy with yourself. Love Madi." It read. That one broke me down. My daughters suicide is my fault.

One of the EMT's talking broke me out of my trance. "Mr. Armstrong, we are going to take her to the hospital now. Would you like to ride with her?" I nodded. I've lost my ability to speak.

I got in the back of the ambulance and held her hand the whole way there. Once we got to the hospital, I was told to wait in the waiting room. I told Mike and Tré what had happened. They got here shortly after I did. So I sat there, crying into Mike's chest.

I could tell Tré wasn't himself either. I mean, how could he be his happy, hyper self? Madi and him had gotten so close over the couple of months that I've had her. But this was a side of Tré that even I, one of his closest friends, had never seen before.

A couple hours passed, and I saw a doctor walk toward me. "Are you Billie Joe Armstrong?" He said. "Yeah thats me." I said quietly.

"Well, it looks like your daughter has slit both of her wrists, both of the cuts going through major arteries. And she has overdosed on Buspirone, her anxiety medication. We did our best to stitch up her wrists, but from the overdose, she is in a coma. And there's an 85% chance she won't wake up." The doctor said as I took all of it in.

"But there's still that 15% chance right?" Tré said as he sat up from his position in the chair. You could tell that he had been crying. The doctor gave a sympathetic smile. "Yes that's true, but in most cases, there isn't as much medicine in the other patients' systems' as there is in hers. But you guys can go in and sit with her. Her room number is 2508. If you need anything press the red button on her bed remote." He said and walked off.

We all got up and walked to her room. It was just me, Mike and Tré. Adie had to take Jake and Joey to soccer and football games.

We opened the door to her room and she looked horrible. As I sat down next to her bed I took note of how pale she was.

All the color was drained from her perfect skin. Her wrists were neatly bandaged. I saw all of the scars on her arms, that showed all of the battles she had fought.

She won this one.

So um that was depressing. But yeah I thought that because I haven't updated in a while you deserve two chapters really close together. So yeah. Hope you enjoyed.

Rage and love ❤️