Chapter 13

Nathan picked Ashlyn up from her house a couple of days later for work. Her truck was still in the shop getting worked on. Apparently, someone cut her brakes, so it was a good thing her battery died. "Welcome to the Nathan Tanner Express. Where would the lady like to go?" Nathan joked once Ashlyn was in the car. She pulled her pullover up so her neck was covered.

"Haha. I'd like to get to work before we're late." Nathan laughed.

"As you wish," he said as he backed out of the driveway. Amy was outside waiting for the two when they arrived at the station.

"I need you two inside quickly," Amy said frantically.

"What's going on?" Ashlyn asked as she took her seatbelt off.

"There's a lady inside raising cain. Something about you accusing her son of assault," Amy filled her and Nathan in.

"Oh no," Ashlyn whispered before taking off toward the station. Nathan and Amy followed in pursuit. Inside, the lady was yelling at the top of her lungs.

"Where is Ashlyn Gage? Tell me before someone gets hurt!" she yelled. The lady started to walk toward Travis with her hands clenched together in tight fists.

"Hey!" Ashlyn boomed, winning the attention of the angry lady and the rest of the station, "You need to talk? Let's talk." The lady snarled at Ashlyn's sassy tone. She marched angrily toward Ashlyn and glared at her.

"Why did you accuse my son of sexual harassing and assaulting you? He would never do such a thing! Especially to a piece of crap like you!" she spat in Ashlyn's face.

"Ma'am, your son demanded a kiss from me then choked me when I didn't do as he said. He got his kiss though. By doing it forcefully," Ashlyn spat back.

"Women are supposed to listen to men," she said with hatred, "He gave you what was coming to you."

"I don't know what sick world you live in, but where I come from, a man doesn't treat a woman like that," Ashlyn said, starting to boil with anger. The lady glared at Ashlyn.

"Looks like it's my turn to punish you," she said. With that said, her fist collided with Ashlyn's jaw. Ashlyn's head snapped to the side.

"You just messed with the wrong girl!" Ashlyn threatened. The lady jumped onto Ashlyn, knocking her onto the floor. The lady punched and kicked at Ashlyn. Ashlyn positioned her feet on the lady's torso and kicked her off.

"Nathan, call for the police department!" Amy yelled as she and the rest of the station jumped in to help Ashlyn. Amy pulled Ashlyn away from the crazy lady. Travis and Adam held the lady's arms behind her back.

"Release me!" the lady yelled at the two.

"The police are on the way," Nathan said, running to Ashlyn to check on her.

"Oh don't worry with her. I didn't hit her hard enough for her to get hurt," the lady said snottily. Nathan glared at the lady. He stood up about to head toward her. Ashlyn and Amy stood up really quick and grabbed his arms.

"Nathan, calm down. She's just trying to get under your skin," Ashlyn whispered calmly. Nathan nodded.

"Okay," he said. Just then, sirens were heard from outside. Rose ran inside with her partner following behind.

"Oh my God, Ashlyn! What happened?" Rose asked, taking Ashlyn's face in her hands.

"That lady punched her, ma'am," Nathan spoke up.

"Ashlyn, let's step over here so my partner can get your side of the story," Rose said, pulling on her younger sister's arm. Ashlyn nodded. Rose traded places with her partner. Ashlyn explained everything to Rose's partner then let Nathan make sure everything was alright.

"I'm going to have to clean this cut on your forehead before it gets infected," Nathan said as he ran to the squad to get the supplies. He heard yelling coming from the kitchen and ran back in there to see Rose's partner arresting the lady. After the lady was escorted to the cruiser, Nathan finished up with Ashlyn. "Well, it looks like you won't have to miss work," Nathan teased.

"That's just too bad," Ashlyn laughed. Nathan smiled then cleaned everything up.

"I wish I had a boyfriend like that, Ashlyn," Rose said with a devious smirk.

"Rose!" Ashlyn blushed. The whole station turned their attention to Ashlyn and Nathan.

"Boyfriend?" they all asked simultaneously.

"Uh oh," Nathan said as he dodged Amy. She tackled Ashlyn to the ground.

"Ashlyn! Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise," Ashlyn said, trying to get up. Nathan laughed then went to help her out.

"So, when did this happen, and has there been a first kiss yet?" Adam asked from across the room.

"It happened after the party," Nathan said, still helping Ashlyn.

"How long was it before you two kissed?" Amy asked excitedly. Ashlyn chuckled.

"Who says we've kissed, and why would you all want to know?" Ashlyn asked, dusting off her pants.

"We still kind of have a bet going," Adam said as he scratched the back of his neck. Nathan laughed whereas Ashlyn blushed fifty shades of red. (a/n: Not a fan of the book. Just used that as a joke.)

"What are the bets?" Nathan asked still laughing.

"I said a day after you two get together. Travis said two days. Michael said an hour. Adam said five minutes," Amy said in a chipper tone, "So, who won?" Ashlyn and Nathan looked at each other then laughed.

"Well, none of you really," Ashlyn started.

"It wasn't even two minutes after," Nathan finished for her.

"That means I was closest!" Adam yelled as he held his arms up in victory. Ashlyn and Nathan laughed but were interrupted by the klaxons.

"Station 51, plane crash at 2100 Bellview. 2-1-0-0 Bellview. Cross street Meadow. Timeout 7:45," the dispatcher boomed.

"Station 51, 10-4. KMG 365," Adam replied in the microphone. Nathan pulled the squad out of the bay and sped off in the direction of the plane crash with lights and sirens blaring.
@@@@@
A/N: Okay, so updates are going to be on the slow side at least for this story. Don't laugh at me, but it's been so long since I've worked on this story that I forgot a lot of what I've already written. Only me. Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter. Vote, comment, follow, criticize, whatever makes you happy.