Moody's Mad Lesson

"I'm Alastor Moody and I will be your new Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher" he said. "I am here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye the end." He said rather quickly.

"When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first which one of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" He asked.

 "Three sir" Hermione said.

  "Why are they named the unforgivable curses?" He asked.

 "Because they are unforgivable, the use of any one of them can-" Hermione said being one of the know-it-alls. I admired her for it.

"Can send you a one way ticket to Azkaban. Correct." Professor said while writing on the chalkboard.

"Now. The minister says you are too young to see what these curses do, I say different!" He said. "You need to know what your up against. You need to be prepared....You need to find another place to out your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!" He yelled.

I tried to hold back a laugh but I couldn't help it. Seamus started bickering about how professor can see out of the back of his head, but MadEye started to yell, once again.

     "I can hear across class rooms!" He yelled. I snickered a little. "So which curse should we see first?" He said. "Weasley! Up!" He yelled at Ron.  "Give us a curse." He said.

"Um.." Ron stuttered. "The imperius curse."

"Yeah, gave the ministry quite a bit of grief last year. Perhaps this will show you why." Moody said. I'm starting not to trust this guy. He's fun but he's really strange. Moody pulled out a spider and muttered "engrosio". The spider became bigger, then he said "Imperio".

The spider flew out of his hand and onto Dean's desk. Then Goyle's face. I laughed and the twins did too. Then it jumped onto Padma's sleeve. It jumped from her sleeve and into the air above Ron's head. 

"If she bites, she's lethal" MadEye said, while laughing. Ron looked so scared but it was really amusing. 

Moody said, "what are you laughing at?" And then the spider flew onto Draco face. I found this super fun until things started to get out of hand.

"What should I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself? He asked while almost making the poor creature do those horrible things. I grabbed Fred's hand as the spider flew into the window. 

"Another another." He said after saying something about You-Know-Who. Neville raised his hand slightly. 

"Longbottom, is it? Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for Herbology." I bit back a laugh as he said it. He sounds so weird. 

"The-the crusiotus curse." Neville stuttered. 

"Correct correct! Come come!" Moody said. I had a bad feeling about this.

"The torture curse." He said. I shuttered. Fred squeezed my hand. I looked down. "Crucio!" Moody said. The creature started screeching. I hurt my heart to think about how much pain the poor thing was in. Neville started breathing hard and shaking his head. I couldn't take it. Neville's parents were tortured by Belatrix. I hate seeing people in pain.

"Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him? Stop it!" I screamed. Fred tightened his grip on my hand to steady me. Fortunately my screaming stopped Moody and he placed the poor creature on my desk. "Perhaps you would like to tell me the last curse, miss Keith?" He asked. I shook my head, feeling a load of angry towards him.

       "No? Avarda Kadara." He said. I shook my head and looked away. Fred wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "The killing curse. Only one person is known who survived it." Moody looked at Harry. I leaned into Fred's shoulder, shuddering.