CHAPTER 3

"How's our child?" Jay asked while I mixed a cocktail.

"I haven't received this months maintenance cheque." I shouted over the loud music.

He chuckled loudly and started serving drinks. "When is she coming for a visit?" He asked jokingly. He and I always joked about Naledi being his daughter because neither of us knew who he was. He also helped me out sometimes with the bills.

"You know your apartment is not a place for a toddler to visit." I gave him a stern look.

"I'll put away the toys. Bring her over for a day." He whispered in my ear abandoning the drink he was mixing.

I pushed him away playfully and walked to the other end of the bar.

"I'm serious Nick. You can even inspect it yourself." He seriously said. I saw the sincerity in his eyes and smiled appreciatively. I knew that he cared about Naledi as if she were his own daughter however his lifestyle concerned me.

"I'll think about it." I said and went to the manager's office.

I walked in and my breath hitched in my throat at the sight, the boss had his eyes closed and a brunette's head was bobbing up and down on his lap.

He groaned appreciatively, "fuck that is good." He muttered to the girl sucking his dick.

I was transfixed seeing him in that position. He held her head and seethed. I shook my head snapping out of it. I was about to move but his words stopped me, "are you enjoying the show?" He asked in a familiar gruff voice.

He opened his eyes, dark irises stopping me in my tracks. I gulped uncomfortably, "sorry to disturb." I said sheepishly.

He grabbed the girls head off him and shooed her out. I gasped at the sight of his glistening lengthy erect cock.

He upper lip quirked up at my reaction and he shoved his cock his pants. "What do you want?" He harshly asked as if nothing happened.

I cleared my throat holding back the words I wanted to say. "I wanted to know if I could get a day off tomorrow, Jay will cover my shift."

"No." He simply said.

I gaped at him. "You don't even know the reason."

"I don't need a reason if I'm still going to say no."

"Please I need this, Jay will cover my shift and I'll work on my day off next week." I pleaded. I needed to take Naledi to a checkup and Kwano wasn't available to do it. That left Jay to do it but he was working as well.

He looked at me as if he was waiting for me to say something interesting. I huffed in frustration and left the room.

"He's impossible." I groaned. I had missed the last appointment because I was working and Kwano was in Atlanta.

"Hey Nick, please take this up to the VIP section." Jay held up two bottles of expensive champagne.

I shook my head and smirked, "why can't you do it?"

"You know I hate going up there." He said pleadingly. I noticed that he was leaning over the bar and a woman on the other end had leaned her body in too.

"Fine, I'll take these for you but you owe me one."

I walked over to him and took the bottles from the counter. "You can visit your kid this weekend." I said loudly and winked at him.

"Excuse me." I shouted over the loud music as I tried to get past the throng of bodies on the dance floor on my way to the VIP lounge. It's not like it helped but it didn't hurt to try.