CHAPTER 18

The next few days were chaotic as people were in and out of the house strategising and leaving the house and returning at odd hours of the night.

The manor transformed into a safe house, security guards were posted outside every door and entrance. I couldn't even go out to the garden without a security guard.

The main door became padlocked making it hard for me to try leaving the house. I grew frustrated as Marco had hushed meetings in Italian about the "big plan". Although Marco's contacts were French most of them understood Italian. When they first arrived at the manor I was wary that their involvement would raise suspicions from the Donatellos and Rosellis.
What would French thugs be doing in Sicily?

That was out of my hands anyway. It was Marco's problem, not mine. I guess their involvement was also lucrative to Marco because according to my sources, the Donatellos knew everyone in Sicily and probably threatened people not to work for Marco.

Marco's contacts were a dozen strong, brutish, intelligent men. I only knew one of them, Pierre, who was nice enough to lend me his phone when he was in meetings so I could have contact with anyone on the outside.

According to the activity around the house and the increased men, "the big plan" was going to be executed soon. Pierre couldn't tell me anything about the plan and that was fine with me. I was done trying to get Marco to let me be involved.

I hadn't given up, however there are some battles that were not for me to fight. I left it to my ancestors to deal with him accordingly.

Pierre's phone pinged indicating a message. "I need to go to the bathroom." I told my bodyguard who was standing behind the couch I was sitting on.

I stood up and heard his footsteps right behind me. I rolled my eyes. 'I can't wait for this to be over' I thought scornfully picturing Marco's head on a stake.

I entered the bathroom and stopped him from entering. "I would appreciate privacy unless you want to wipe my ass?" I asked sweetly and innocently. He grunted in response and stood outside guarding the door.

I smirked as I closed the door and fished out the phone from my pocket.

'Loni I have the passports. What should I do with them?' I read the message with a smile.

'Hold on to them for now. How soon can you get to Italy?' I replied

'I'll be there in two days.'

I thought of a response carefully and smirked before replying, 'Great, I'll contact you after you arrive with details on what to do with the passports. Be safe.'

I smiled as I cleared the messages and exited the bathroom. Marco won't know what hit him.
~~~
I stared out of the window at dawn, the sun peeking out from the farthest buildings.
A hand snaked around my waist and I was pulled to a hard chest. A sigh escaped his lips as he snuggled into my neck. "I have a meeting with Don today and I'd like you to come with me."  a shiver ran down my spine when his warm breath fanned against my neck.

"Mmmm" I replied as I snuggled into him. "What should I wear?"

"Leave nothing to the imagination." He replied huskily.

He bit my shoulder and moved his hand over my breasts. I leaned into his touch begging for more.

"Not now, we'll be late." He said smugly.

I swatted his hand away from me with disappointment. "You're such a tease."

He chuckled, "I try." He held on to me poking me with his morning wood.