CHAPTER 21

Marco ran out of the dining room and headed in the direction of the kitchen. I saw Don heading into the kitchen knowing they would run into each other, "Marco run into the living room!" I alerted him.

He ran into the living room and Don headed into their direction. He ducked shots fired by Don and hid behind a column.

Giuseppe entered the foyer, firmly holding a hand gun up. Lucien spotted him from the top of the staircase and pulled the trigger. Giuseppe fell down and pulled the trigger, the bullet hitting Lucien in the chest. I gasped as he toppled over the staircase and fell with a thud.

"Pierre cover me!" Marco yelled to Pierre who was busy trying to take men out without shooting them.

"Pierre hide her somewhere. I'll keep a look out." I said to him reassuringly.

He successfully took her to a cupboard in the kitchen and placed her in there. "I'm going to come back for you and take you to your mommy." He cooed.

She nodded understanding and trembled as he closed the small door. He dashed to the living room where Marco was trying to evade getting shot by two pissed off mafiosi.

He fired at Don and by his luck the bullet hit his shoulder. Don took cover behind a wall and retaliated at Pierre.

Marco took that as an opportunity to run. He turned a corner in the dining room leading to the patio while Giselle was hot on his trail.

He punched her cheek as she rounded the corner, knocking her off guard.

He ran out to the patio and took cover behind what looked like a rose bush. It became hard to see the other angles of the house from where he hid. "Is there a way for me to get to the front of the house?" He asked breathlessly.

I looked at Dominik questionably. "No, to your left there are no cameras and to your right is the living room you barely escaped." He explained.

"Shit!" He swore through the earpiece.

"Do you have a gun?" I asked.

"No. I didn't bring one."

I put my palm on the forehead. "Are you fucking kidding me? Out of all the moments in your life you don't have a gun?" I said to him incredulously.

"You had a 'no guns' rule once upon a time and I've followed that rule ever since. Have you ever seen me with one?" He deadpanned.

"I don't even care about that right now because I don't remember. Giselle is coming and she's about to put a bullet in your skull. Run!" I said.

He ran away from my line of vision and I focused my attention on Don and Pierre. Pierre reloaded his gun and came out of the corner he hid behind. He stalked Don while firing and avoiding getting shot as best as he could.

I heard a gunshot from Marco's earpiece and I shrieked at the vibration in my ear. I took the earpiece out of my ear and seethed in pain.

"Are you hurt?" I asked after I put it back in my ear.

"I was shot in the gut." He said.

My breath hitched in my throat at his words and I felt my heart drop. I stilled as his words echoed in my head.

Another shot fired which disturbingly brought me out of my trance. "How could you play me like that Marco!" I heard Giselle shout.

"I loved you and you played with my feelings. You used me." She shouted again causing me to clench my jaw.

"If I can't have you then she will not." She said before a third shot was fired.

"Marco!" I screamed after I heard the shot. He wheezed in pain.