CHAPTER 20

I hummed a sad tune in my head as I prepared breakfast.

I was nervous to face Marco after knowing that I would betray him and he wouldn't see it coming.

After my meeting with Jay I was successfully snuck in the manor by Pierre's guards who wouldn't breathe a word to Marco.

When I got to the room I passed out and when I woke up Marco was not in bed. It didn't bother me at all that I barely saw him the previous day and I suspected that he was the man in my dream which was another reason I didn't want to face him.

I served my omelette on a plate and made orange juice while humming to myself.

"Do you mind if I join you?" A voice said behind me.

I jumped a little in fright and turned around to see Marco sitting on a bar stool behind the kitchen counter.

I nodded after regaining my composure. "I'm not making you food." I said with a smirk.

He simply nodded in understanding. "That's fine. I already ate something earlier."

I sat down next to him and started munching on my food. I was nervous to ask him about my dream even though I knew the truth in my gut.

He placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed it a little. "I just want to spend some time with you."

I looked at him suspiciously. "Are you okay?"

He nodded. "Is there something wrong with wanting to spend time with my Rose?" He asked as he planted a chaste kiss on my cheek while I was stuffing myself with food.

I swallowed hard and squirmed as the hand on my thigh moved higher. I stopped his hand and removed it.

"I want to ask you something important and I want an honest answer. If you will not be honest with me then you might as well go back to planning your rescue mission." I said seriously.

That gained his attention as he straightened up and looked at me attentively. "Yes ma'am."

I rolled my eyes at him before I blurted out. "Why did you rape me?"

He moved back and blinked at me in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"Back when I was kidnapped, I think you came into my room occasionally and had your way with me." I said calmly and earnestly.

He sighed as if remembering. "If you weren't cooperating it was my job to force you."

"By cooperating you mean let Don or Giorgi fuck me without screaming my lungs out." I deadpanned becoming furious. "Cut to the chase and stop beating around the bush, you owe me that much." I spat.

He squeezed the bridge of his nose and sighed. He looked uncomfortable as he tried to explain himself. "I needed to make sure you got used to fucking or at least stopped screaming when you had to satisfy clients."

"You made that very clear when you told me I was never getting out of there and I should get used to it."

He turned my chair in his direction and looked me in the eye. "I understand that you harbour resentment towards me regarding what happened then. However you need to understand that I had no choice. When I was with you I could've easily kidnapped you and taken you back to the brothel but I didn't do that because I fell for you. I fell in love with you and I'm still madly in love with you. I'm sorry for what I put you through but there's nothing I can do to make the memories to go away. I did terrible things to you back then because I didn't know you."

"I wish I could forget but I can't." I hiccuped as tears formed into my eyes.

He cupped my cheek. "What you can do is move on and try to be happy with me." He said softly.