CHAPTER 13

We got into a black SUV after landing. I laid my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. "I remembered something." I said softly.

"What is it?" He eagerly said his full attention on me. "Can I ask you a question?"

"You can ask me anything." he answered.

"Why did you not contact me that day you asked me out to dinner? You surely had the resources to track me down." He tried to remember and he grinned "I didn't want to seem creepy and make you uninterested in me. I had all your personal details."

"That would've been lovely." His grin grew wider. I thought it would've been weird that he was being very expressive but it was a norm.

I had wanted to ask him something and I suddenly remembered. "Do I have to work at the brothel to get Naledi and Kwano back?" It had almost slipped my mind and I only wished it wasn't.

Tears gathered at my eyes at the thought of that place. It was hell being trapped, used and abused to make malicious men money. I didn't even know why I was kidnapped in the first place to begin with and I have no idea why I was released since I was a "favourite" as Don said.

He nearly growled out. "No, I want you by my side at all times." That put a temporary smile on my face, I don't know if he was genuine or he said that for the sake of our daughter but it made me happy regardless.

"Be careful Rico. I don't want our bambina to grow up without a father." I said with my arms around his neck. "I will. Belissima, I will be back in time for the delivery."

He leaned down and rubbed our noses together before he kissed me. I kissed him back with equal fervor. "I love you" he murmured against my lips.

"I love you too" I said and pulled away. "Come back to me" he took his bag and walked to the door. He paused and smiled at me before closing it.

We drove through a long driveway that led to a beautifully french designed villa. Marco was on the phone barking orders in Italian to the person on the other line. The car stopped and I got out.

I went into the house my eyes sparkling in awe when I saw the furnishings. The interior was even more beautiful, modern furnishings with the finest and most expensive furniture I've ever seen.

I walked into the kitchen and examined the granite countertops, there wasn't a speck of dust in sight. I looked down at the marble tiles as I began to feel out of place although our stay here was temporary it didn't have a homey feel. It was rather cold and unwelcoming.

I heard him come in and felt arms around my waist. "Do you like it?" He murmured against the crook of my neck. "It is beautiful. Is it yours?" I said pressing my body further into his.

He gave a regretful sigh and turned me around. "What is wrong?" he stared deeply into my eyes with piercing grey orbs. I turned my head away from him averting my eyes. "Nothing is wrong, I'm just tired."

He tilted my chin to look into his eyes. "Lonicka I know you. Tell me what is the matter."

He was right he knew me but I didn't want to tell him that I didn't like how I felt in the house because it was stupid and I didn't want to be dramatic.

I sighed and moved away from him. "I'm just worried about my brother. Before my life turned upside down I practically raised him. Our father was too busy trying to get money to pay for our fancy lifestyle.

He's only nineteen and can barely take care of himself, can you imagine what they are doing to him right now? He will never be the same sweet loving boy ever again. I know I wasn't the same after everything that happened to me."