CHAPTER 7

I woke up and felt something hard and warm behind me. I tried to get out of the bed but a hand tightened around my waist. I felt something poking my butt and I suddenly remembered where I was.

"Marco" I said as I tried to loosen his hands from my grip. "My Rose" he growled tightening the grip.

"Marco wake up." I called again.

"What the..." I muttered as he tightened his grip on my waist and he continued growling out my Rose. He stopped and it sounded like his heart stopped too. He suddenly gasped for air and began panting.

"What's wrong? Bad dream?" I asked genuinely concerned. I didn't dream about that horrifying night at all the previous night.

"More like a nightmare." He whispered to himself.

He got up and I couldn't help but look at his erect manhood in all it's glory. I finally saw why every girl he fucked in his office screamed loudly.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?" I asked slightly concerned.

"What I need is a cold shower." He said in a gruff voice that elicited delicious tingles in my body and went into another door across the bed. I sat there thinking who Rose was. I remember he called me Rose in my dream but I didn't take it in consideration.

He came back and just sat on the bed. "Do you remember his face?" He asked all of a sudden.

"Who?" I asked in confusion.

"Naledi's father."

I shook my head and remained silent hesitant to tell him what happened.

I took a deep breath before telling him. "All I remember is waking up at a hospital two years ago. I lost my memory due to a car accident. It's a miracle Naledi survived. She was born prematurely."

"Is that all you remember?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and tears gathered in my eyes. "I remember receiving money every month for a year with a poem or something to help me remember him but I just couldn't. After she turned one the money stopped coming." I looked at the window and remembered how weird I thought it was in the beginning.

We heard a knock from the door, "Darlings I know you can't get enough of each other but it's time to wake up." Grace said from the other side.

Marco muttered something in Italian and he went into his walk-in-closet. I took a shower and saw a pencil skirt and a white blouse laid out for me. I wore it off with nude 4 inch heels and minimal make up.

Once I was downstairs the housekeeper handed me a folder with the words Vermont and Associates on it and a tablet. She told me a car was waiting for me and led me outside.

I got in the sleek black Bentley and found Marco sitting on my left in a grey suit. He looked different than at the club, he didn't look rugged, arrogant or pompous, rather clean shaven and more handsome. "Where are we going and what are these for?"

"I guess it's fair that I explain now. My father thinks I own a multi-million dollar shipping company, well I don't. He is an investor of Vermont and Associates and so am I. All we have to do is attend an annual shareholders meeting."

"Why couldn't you just tell him the truth?"

"It's complicated, I have a number of clubs across the globe and most have casinos and brothels."

"I get it, you're probably a drug dealer in your spare time it's cool but what you're doing is wrong. Who is the CEO of Vermont anyway?" I asked changing the subject.

"He's a friend of mine, Luca Vermont. He will be there as well so try and behave please, Luca is one to stay away from. All you have to do is take notes." he said sternly. I was surprised at his use of please but I brushed it off.

"That's what I'm here for." I lifted the tablet with a coy smile.

***
The meeting felt like forever. Luca was continuously flirting with me but he eventually stopped after multiple warning glares from yours truly.

The rest of the meeting was really boring, I had the urge to sleep but I couldn't. Even though one and a half hours doesn't sound long, it felt like it.

Luca kissed the back of my hand when I left, which earned a blush from me and another glare from Marco. He clenched his jaw and headed to the car.

"Who knew you could be all business savvy." I said to Marco on our way home.

"Shut up."

I smirked and nudged his shoulder. "Come on, lighten up. You handled that better than I thought you would."

"What do you take me for?" He asked with slight amusement, he gave a small smirk, he looked more handsome.

"What should I take you for?" He rolled his eyes at me, something he made look normal, but didn't say anything.

"Who is Rose?" I asked once we were alone in his room later that night.

He became tense and awkwardly cleared his throat, "what?"

"You called me Rose yesterday and today you continuously said My Rose in your dream." It had been on my mind the entire day and the curiosity was getting the better of me.

"Rose was the love of my life, her name is not Rose but I referred to her as that." He had a pained expression. His usually steel grey eyes looked sad.

"Then why did you call me Rose?"

He didn't answer me but instead made an excuse to avoid me, "I have some business to discuss with my padre." He was about to open the door but stopped when when heard my next words.

"I thought you weren't going to answer me, I just didn't think you were one to not confront your problems."

He turned around suddenly intrigued. "What are my problems exactly? Last time I checked you were my employee and it isn't your business to pry in my personal life."

I looked at him incredulously, he rilled me up. "Last time I checked you blackmailed me with my job to come here, or did you forget 'Mr I own you'?"

He clenched his jaw and stared at me with those piercing dark eyes "I did you a favour by bringing you here, 'Ms holier than thou'. You have no right to judge me or pry into my private life."

I stood up and put my hands on my hips. Something ignited rage in me. "You let me into your private life, you're complicating my fucking life by bringing me into all of this, I just work as a bartender not a bitch at your beck and call."

He walked to me, slowly and sensually and stopped in front of me, I could smell his cologne. I got a good wiff of it and closed my eyes. He grasped my chin with his hand. There were butterflies in my stomach from his touch.

"You look hot when you're angry." He whispered. Instead of making my heart flutter, he made me more infuriated.

I gritted my teeth "If that's your way of getting in my pants then you must think I'm a brainless bimbo."

He leaned futher into me, his breath fanning my lips as he spoke his next words, "Having you in my bed is more than enough."

I gulped as I felt myself getting wet. I thought he was going to kiss me but he went around me and sat on the bed. He gave me a smirk "Need any help?"

I wanted to retort but a knock on the door disturbed my thought process. "Asshole." I simply muttered and went to answer the door.

"Signorina your room is ready." The housekeeper said once I opened the door. "Thank you" I said with a small grin.

She left and I closed the door. "Aren't you going to your room? I don't want you here." I heard his voice behind me.

I turned around and faced him, "I just have one question," He raised his eyebrows and I continued "Why did you call me Rose?"

His face was void of any emotion, he clenched and unclenched his jaw. After a few minutes of silence I opened the door knowing he wasn't going to tell me after all.

"Because you are my Rose."