CHAPTER 6

A knock on the door told me it was time to go to Italy. I carried my suit case while I rushed to the door. I opened it to find Mr Valenti. "Let's go" he said.

I quickly kissed my daughter on her cheek. "Mommy loves you okay?" She nodded and walked back to my room.

"Please take care of her. I love you." I said to my brother as I hugged him.

"I love you sis" He said before letting me go.

I went with Mr Valenti to his car. "You can stay in my apartment for as long as you want this place is not good for you." He said after I got in.

"Why not?"

"It's not good for you neither safe." He replied firmly.

"Since when do you care?" I asked suspiciously at his concern for my safety.

"Ever since I learnt you have a daughter." He said pointedly.

'could've fooled me.' I thought and remained silent for the rest of the ride.

We arrived at the airport and got into a private jet shortly after. "You are egotistic after all." I said looking around. It was just as I expected.

"Excuse me?" He asked glaring at me.

I pointed to the white leather seats with the initials MV on the head rest. "What does the 'M' stand for, some godly name you gave yourself?"

He looked at me like I was stupid. "No it stands for my name, Marco."

Hotter than I thought. Marco Valenti

"Did you just call my name hot?" He asked amused.

"What?"

He smirked "we'll continue this later."

'Did I just say that out loud?' I thought embarrased.

"You said that out loud." He answered the question in my head as he went to the cockpit.

I banged my head on the arm rest of my seat. Great way to fuck this up.

A few minutes later he was sitting next to me with a smug grin. "Buckle up, I have a feeling this is going to get way better."

Once we were airborne I found myself on his lap my back against his chest. All this felt familiar like deja vu. He trailed kisses down my neck and sucked the spot behind my ear. I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I moaned as he began sucking on the crook of my neck leaving a mark. I turned around to face him and straddled his lap.

"My Rose" he said before he crashed his lips against mine and kissed me passionately. I felt tingles on my skin as he began trailing kisses on my neck to my jaw before his lips met mine again. We fought for dominance and I ended up parting my lips for him. He thrust his tongue in my mouth and our tongues moved in sync. Everything became blurry and started spinning. I felt a hand shaking my shoulder and I opened my eyes.

"We're landing in fifteen minutes." Marco said.

I sat up and we waited in an awkward silence. "What's your daughter's name?" He asked breaking the silence.

"Naledi, it means star in my language." I replied.

"Beautiful name, who's the father?"

I froze at his question. "I don't know." I honestly said.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "How can you not know?"

I was about to tell him what happened but I shook my head "I can't tell you."

He suddenly looked concerned. "Why what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I don't like this new you. You're showing too much emotion." I said changing the subject.

"Maybe it's only because I care about you." He genuinely said. I knew he was being sincere but I didn't want this leading to something else.

I scoffed. "You caring about someone? Maybe in another lifetime."

"I'm not heartless you know."

"Could've fooled me."

***

We arrived at a villa in Venice. We got out of the car and were greeted by a woman who looked in her early fifties.

"You must be Lonicka, I heard so much about you." She said as she enveloped me in a tight hug. It felt awkward as I hugged her back.

A man who trailed behind her looked like he was also in his fifties and was an older version of Marco. "Hello I'm Marcel and this is my wife, Grace."

Before I could say anything Grace grabbed my hand "how rude of me, come in." She led me to a drawing room and grabbed Marco by the ear while scolding him in Italian. I giggled and he glared at me.

A helper showed us to our rooms and I just happened to be sharing a room with Marco. "I would like my own room" I told her.

"You and Marco fight?" She asked in concern.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"Madame tell me you and Marco are couple." She said innocently.

"No, no." I quickly shook my head. "I'm Marco's personal assistant." I clarified.

She seemed somewhat dissapointed but she covered it with a smile.

"I prepare a room for you" she said in a thick accent then left.

Marco appeared out of nowhere. "What are you doing in here?" He asked anger laced his voice.

"This is my room for now too. Your mom thinks you and I are a 'couple'." I feigned a loving grin.

He shifted a step back in confusion. "You take the floor I'll take the bed." He said regaining composure.

I looked at him incredulously. Talk about caring about me. "I'm not going to sleep on the floor. I'll take the bed and you'll take the floor."

"Fine then we'll both take the bed." He dismissed the conversation.

"I guess I can't argue with that. You stay on your side okay?"

"I'll try" he shrugged and winked. I got into the bed while he took his shirt off slowly giving me a view if his delectable pecks, his ripped abs and muscles. He switched off the light and I heard his pants follow.

"What are you doing?" I asked in alert.

"I sleep naked." He replied before I heard the bed dip in. "Lord save me." I said before I tried to fall asleep knowing it wouldn't be easy because a certain Italian Adonis was stark naked behind me.