CHAPTER 4

He took me upstairs for the first time. "Wear this" he threw black lingerie at me.

"Now!" he growled gruffly.

I quickly wore it and he took me into a more private room with a four poster bed, he threw me a mask. "Put it on." He ordered.

After I put it on he called for a Mr Balla. Mr Balla looked middle aged and my eyes did not miss the wedding band on his finger. "A fine specimen indeed" he said to my captor.

My captor left us and Mr Balla got undressed. He sat on the bed "come here" he pointed in front of him.

I stood still in my position and he grabbed me by my wrists. "Don't be scared." he said.

He pulled me onto his lap, "Give me a lap dance." he said before slapping my derriere. I gasped and he slapped it again.

"Dance for me baby." A tear slid down my cheek and he tore my lingerie when I still hesitated.

He plunged two fingers into me, I cried out and he thrust faster, in and out. After a few more thrusts he lay me down and plunged his manhood inside of me.

He thrust hard whilst my cries became louder. He squeezed my breast over the flimsy material of the lingerie and I screamed in pain.

He continued his assault, my cries and his groans echoing after. I shuddered as I came, pleasure intermingled with pain. He came shortly after as he grunted.

He got up and disappeared behind a door in the room while I sobbed uncontrollably on the bed curled up in a foetal position.

I woke up panting and sweating. Tears running down my face as I remembered the dream I had often been having for years. I looked at the clock beside my bed and it read 5:30 AM.

"Mama!" I heard my daughter's voice from the other side of the door. I slowly walked to the door trembling in fear. I opened it and Naledi was in Kwano's arms, tears on her cheeks as she sniffled.

"We heard you screaming, are you alright?" He said in concern.

"Kwano it happened again." I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his free arm around me as I cried on his chest. "It's okay now. He can't get to you."

After a few hours, I took a shower and headed to the coffee shop to meet up with Jay.

My phone buzzed and Logan's name appeared on the screen. I pressed the ignore button as I got in the shop. I ordered a cappuccino and went over to the table Jay was waiting at.

"Hey are you okay you don't look good." He asked as he enveloped me into a hug.

"Days aren't the same" I said as I took a seat.

"It happened again didn't it?" He asked understanding the meaning behind my words.

Jay was one of the only people I trusted and had supported me after I had my daughter. I barely had any friends aside from him.

I nodded. "This time I didn't wake up in the middle of it." He rubbed circles on the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I really can't think of anything positive to say, did you try speaking to anyone?" He took my silence as an indication to talk about something else.

After I gave birth to Naledi I saw a therapist for three months until I could no longer afford to.

"Anyway, I know you went on a date yesterday." He smirked playfully.

"You know this how?" I questioned not in the mood to talk about Logan.

He rolled his eyes at me avoiding my question. "Are you forgetting this is the same guy you were talking about for two weeks?"

"It slipped my mind and you can forget about him because I'm not seeing him again." I said nonchalantly. I didn't want to be involved with gangsters again. I was not trying to put my family in danger by involving myself with dangerous people.

After I dated Bryce I decided I would not get involved with anyone who was involved in dangerous activities.

Jay pouted, sipped his coffee and pretended to inspect his nails.

"You know I like it when you try to act like a girl, even though it doesn't suit you but I'm still not going to tell you." I laughed at his antics.

He huffed but then changed the subject fantasizing about driving a Porsche 911. I rolled my eyes, men and their cars.

***
"Lonicka in my office now" Mr Valenti ordered.

"Yes boss?" I said once I entered his office.

"Would you like to explain why the are cops are in my club?" He demanded.

"I don't know my shift is over. How many are there?"

"You tell me. They were here around the time your shift began." I sat on a chair in front of his desk.

"Ask someone else. I am not responsible for the police sniffing around Club X. Maybe it's a drug bust, if not then lucky for us." I said then left his office.

I went to check the VIP section and I saw police taking my ex, Bryce, away in handcuffs. "What's going on here."

"This is what I've been doing all along." A familiar voice said behind me. I turned around and saw Logan approaching me.

"I've been on an investigation working with the police on finding the biggest drug kingpin." He clarified.

"Why didn't you say something."

"I tried calling you but you wouldn't pick up." He did have a point.

I sighed. "Well I thought you were involved with him and he's dangerous."

"How do you know him?"

"He's my cousin" I lied.

Bryce was involved with dangerous people but he was a good friend. Even though I tried to change him when we were together because of his 'job', we still got along well. I let him destroy his own life because he had to be willing to change it.

"Let me take you home." he said and put his hand around my shoulder as we walked out together.