Liam Court Imagine

"Liam, stop!" I shouted, following him through the crowd. "Liam, please, it's not a big deal!" I ran to catch up to him. I grabbed his arm and tried to make him stop.

"Let go, (Y/N)," he growled. He tried pulling his arm away but I wouldn't let go.

"Not until you stop," I tried to reason. He turned towards me.

"Not happening."

"Then I'm not letting you go." I looked up at him, hoping I could stop him from going through with whatever stupid idea was in his head.

"(Y/N), he cut you off," he finally said.

"So? Liam, we're street racing. Anything could happen," I argued.

"He could've hit your car and you could've crashed," he replied, looking away.

"Liam," I began, but I was interrupted by the other racer coming over. I saw Liam tense up and shot him a death glare.

"(Y/N)," the guy greeted.

"Ryan," I responded. "What do you want?"

"Wow, I think it just dropped below freezing. Which, is weird for California," he teased. I crossed my arms and moved, slightly, in front of Liam.

"What do you want, Ryan?" I repeated, putting a slight emphasis on each word. He smirked and I saw Liam grow more tense. I reached behind me, trying to find his hand. I knew he didn't like Ryan, I didn't either, but I wouldn't be able to stop either one of them if they got into a fight. Plus, I wasn't in the mood to patch Liam up afterwards. As soon as Liam took my hand, I relaxed slightly.

"Look, I just came to say that drive well, for a girl," he complimented, but with the jab at the end, I didn't believe he meant it.

"Thanks," I replied.

"But, I also wanted to give you a piece of advice," he added. Tension and anger were radiating from Liam. I gave his hand a gentle squeeze, trying to let him know that I was fine. Ryan smirked again before continuing. "You might want to stay home. We wouldn't want a pretty girl, like yourself, to get into a nasty crash because you weren't paying attention to the other driver."

"Ryan," I began, letting go of Liam's hand and taking a step closer to Ryan. "That's a great piece of advice, but I don't plan on listening to it." His smirk faltered slightly, proving that it wasn't permanently plastered to his face. "I actually have a piece of advice for you." With that, I punched him, square in the jaw. He collapsed on the ground, shock plastered across his face. I heard Liam laugh behind me.

"What the hell was that for?" Ryan shouted, holding his jaw.

"Don't underestimate the pretty girls, like myself. We aren't afraid of winning, even if the other person cuts them off, and we aren't afraid to knock the pride out of guys like yourself," I advised. "Next time, Ryan, you might want to stay home. Wouldn't want a pretty girl, like yourself, to get into a nasty accident." I smirked before grabbing Liam's arm and pulling him towards my car.

"Woah, woah. Slow down, (Y/N)," Liam said when we got farther from the crowd. "When did you learn to throw a punch?" I ignored him and released his arm. I reached into my pocket, trying to grab my keys, but my hands were shaking too much. I finally managed to grab them but I couldn't get the key into the lock. Liam put his hands over mine before pulling me into his chest.

"Stop, Liam. I'm fine," I protested, trying to pull away.

"(Y/N), you're shaking. You're not fine," he replied, making his grip around me tighter.

"Liam, I'm perfectly fine," I tried again. I failed, miserably, every time I tried to get free. Finally I stopped, letting him console me. "Why are you being so nice?"