Harry Styles Imagine

"Look at her, Lou. She's gorgeous, and I'm not just saying that because she's in a bikini. She's always beautiful. With or without makeup and in baggy sweats or dolled up," Harry swooned as you climbed out of the pool.

"You've got it bad, man," Louis laughed. 

"I'm not that bad," Harry defended.

"You swoon over her even when she's no where to be seen. I swear, she's all you ever talk about now."

"What are you saying, Louis?" Harry asked raising his voice.

"Grow a pair, Haz. Tell her you like her before someone else swoops her off her feet," Louis said. 

"She's way out of my league." 

"That's not true. And don't say she doesn't like you. I see the way she looks at you. Just go talk to her, Harry."

Harry sighed before pushing himself out of the chair. He glanced at Louis, who gave a cheesy smile and thumbs up, before taking a deep breath and began walking to your room.

You can do this, he thought. You have to tell her at some point. He tried to keep a positive mind, but as he neared your door, the panic set in. His heart began to race and the hallway felt like it was getting smaller and smaller. Harry took a couple deep breaths to try to calm down, but it wasn't helping. Finally, he took a deep breath in and held it, slowly counting down from 10.

He felt his heart slow. It was still relatively fast, but it wasn't as hard to breathe and the walls didn't seem to be closing in on him. Slowly, he began walking down the hall, taking shaky breaths as he went. 

Why was this so hard? All he had to say was, "Hey, (Y/N), I like you, and have for some time. Do you want to go to dinner with me?" Why was that so hard? He was Harry freaking Styles. He could get any girl he wanted. Then, he rounded the corner. 

Apparently not any girl.

There you were. Only, you weren't alone. Niall was there too. 

Harry watched as Niall pulled you closer. His arm snaked around your lower back as your head fell back and a laugh escaped your lips. 

Harry watched as Niall's hand rested on your cheek, before tilting his head and leaning in.

Harry couldn't watch anymore. He turned around, feeling sick to his stomach. He could feel the tears in his eyes and he blinked quickly to hold them at bay. He had waited for too long. And now, you were gone.

He reached his room, unlocked the door, walked in, and locked the door behind him. He climbed under the blankets and let the flood come.

If only he hadn't waited.