Chapter ten: ONI sword base

July 26

The past few days were not busy for Noble Team. It had been a few days since their first mission and Amber had already made friends with all of Noble Team. Her and Jorge played card games at night. She learned how to decrypted data pads with Kat at lunch. Emile showed her how to properly use a knife. Jun helped her out with her aiming. Carter well Amber just hanged around him for some reason. Seven was lost in his thoughts how those days went by fast. He had trained about each day staying on his edge. Then it hit him like a train. There was a corvette class carrier just outside sword base. Carter looked over to the unfitting purple ship in the greenish sky. A voice came through their mic's suddenly, " there appears to be a corvette class vessel outside of sword base. ONI had demanded Noble teams help with this mission to recapture sword base " those words came from an A.I called Auntie Dot. Seven hated A.I's they made him uncomfortable. Kat was sitting across from Seven when she pulled out a device of some kind. She then slowly went in her tactical hard case and took out the data chip Seven had found on their last mission. She put the data chip over the device and dropped it in. A comment came from beside Seven, " what are you decrypting?" Hunt asked nervously. Kat turned her head towards him and answered," nothing interesting" Kat's voice was bluffing. Although it tricked Hunt, Seven wasn't buying it. she had made that voice before when she was joking but she never had that voice when she answered a question. Carter's voice broke Seven's constant thoughts," alright seems like we're stuck with that ship, for the time being, let's lend those troopers a hand. Kat Seven this is your stop" The falcon Seven was riding in hovering over the ground for them to jump off. Kat looked at Seven quickly," Alright lieutenant this is our stop" Seven followed Kat off the falcon. The base was a metallic grey a few distracting green and blue lights flew over their heads. A few marines were pinned down by a lot of covenant. They were about to be ambushed by two jackals coming down form a ramp on the right side of an overlook of the compound. Seven smirked in his helmet finally some action. He turned the safety off on his DMR and aimed down his scope. Kat heard a bullet pass by her head and followed an explosion. She turned around to see Seven with the DMR aimed behind her. Kat turned around to see two lifeless bodies of jackals," Watch you're aiming Seven you almost blew my head off "Kat chastised Seven as they ran up to a pillar just in front of the overlook. A few marines where unloading clips into the enemy. Seven peeked beside the pillar to see two elites returning fire on the marines. A blue plasma shot hit right beside Seven's head. He reacted so quickly that before another shot even left the gun Seven had already barrel rolled behind a crate. Kat looked over at him," Seven give me covering fire while I run behind them" Seven shook his head yes. She turned out around the pillar and fired off a few shots form her magnum. She had got their attention maybe not what she hoped for. All firepower from the enemy was directed at her. Seven ran towards her and pushed her behind another pillar. Kat had her eyes closed thinking she had died. She looked up to see Seven over top of her, " get off me lieutenant" Kat's voice seemed more annoyed than mad. Plasma shots ran through the air as Seven stud up. Kat's and Seven's face are where completely red. Kat looked down from Seven's helmet and saw he had had a shot that pierced right through his armour. His white armour now had red blood spilling down. Luckily it was his right side of his chest that had been hit. Kat looked back up at Seven," you still able to fight lieutenant or do I have to drag you into a falcon" Kat said aggravated. Seven just shook his head in approval. Seven wouldn't stop fighting till the last covenant was dead no matter how injured he was. Seven put his hand out to help Kat up. Kat pushed his hand away and stud up without help," I'm not injured Seven I don't need help" Kat's voice was getting annoying for Seven. They stud side by side about to turn around the corner. They loaded their weapons quickly and in a few seconds the Covenant where dead. Smoke arose from Kat's magnum," Yeah, Alright that's how it's done" Kat exclaimed. A few marines swarmed their area like ants. " Thanks for the assist Spartan's, " one of the marines said. It was the same marine who had the ace of spades on his helmet. Although neither Kat nor Seven knew him, " I'm sergeant Knox's " he said as he put his hand out. Kat shook his hand, " good to see marines happy about seeing Spartan's " Kat remarked.