Chapter nineteen: The End of The Beginning

The Pelican soared through the sky undetected by the covenants radar. The sound of the pilot shifting in his seat uncomfortably was one of the only sounds that emitted in the plane. Carter was supposed to be the leader of Noble Team, so a death like this should pass by him without him putting much thought into it, but Carter felt paralyzed first Jorge now Seven. Amber sat quietly beside Carter trying to think of something to say to cheer him up. She couldn't think of anything even to motivate her, she and Seven didn't always see eye to eye but she felt safe knowing Seven had her back. As Amber tried to assert her thoughts West pulled off his dusty Eva helmet shaking his head. His mind rushed in pain and he pulled up a cigar to his damp lips. The crackle of his lighter ignite made everyone jump out of they're seats nearly. Emile looked over at Hunt shaking like a butterfly now. Emile chuckled lightly to himself, "you alright Hunt? " Hunt shook his head in disapproval. Hunt didn't know what they were supposed to do next. Confused and tired Hunt quickly pulls off his helmet and starts gasping for air. Jun quickly grabs him helping him stand up. Hunts legs felt like glass. Unable to stand much longer Jun sat him back down patting him gently on the shoulder. Kat sat closets to the door. Seven's body in her blood covered arms. She held back a few tears gathering up against the side of her eyes.

A white flash followed by an explosion made Seven stands on edge he was dead he knew that but where was he. Seven turned around in circles trying to figure out what was going on. As he turns around he nearly hit into and greenish looking alien. Seven fell backwards panting. The Alien looked at him and stepped back leaving him room to get up. As seven stud up he looked at the Alien and realized it was an Elite. It's long fingers and curbed back gave it away but there was something different, the alien wasn't actually an alien but an AI. "Noble Seven... You have crushed humanities last hope by sacrificing yourself. You were not supposed to die it wasn't you're time and right now Noble two should be in your place. " Seven looked at the AI confused and backed up shaking his head, "No ... You are wrong it was my time... I have seen too many people die beside me and for me" Seven's voice was raised with anger as he pointed towards the AI. The AI chuckled, "well it doesn't really matter anymore does it humanity is doomed because of you're selfishness. Not only that you killed both of us. " Seven looked down and it struck him as the needle had. "Mhm... Seems you're a bit surprised... You know we are better then anyone that you're role in Noble Team is more important than the moon circulating the earth. " The AI was right. Seven had a mission upon which he failed," can't Noble two do it...?" Seven asked slightly ashamed and confused. The AI looked at him and shook his head," no... Not alone at least... I'm prepared to make a deal upon which you cannot refuse..." Seven looked at the AI with a curious look, "what is it?" The AI tapped on an orb in his hand that he just constructed," Humanity is too young to be destroyed just yet... And believe it or not, humans are quite... Admirable at times... So... Here is you're deal Noble Seven". Seven looked at him with his arms crossed and his eyes stuck to the AI. " I will let you come back to life but....you must finish you're hidden quest... Also, you must give me control of our body once it is finished... If you do not...they're are ways I can make you suffer far worse then death... So Seven the choice is your's either you come back and finish you're quest or... You stay here and leave this mission up to the rest of Noble Team... So you choose"

The Pelican had landed hours ago and Seven's body unloaded and put into the medical room. No one had suspected that Seven still had a pulse until they're medic checked. Seven's body laid fat on a hospital bed. His armour was removed so they could begin operations. His helmet the one thing that seemed never to move was pulled off and placed beside him on a table. The room was quite small and could probably only fit thirty people standing. Seven's dog tags were being tightly held by a Spartan in light blue armour. Her head laid against the bed. Her eyes closed and her breathing steadied. West stud outside the door a cigar in his hand,"Kat... Kat...." Kat's eyes fluttered awake as she stud up and looked over and the man perched against the door, "what West?" She replied running her eyes yawning softly. West shook his head," go get your sleep I'll watch over him for a while..." West offered to light his cigar. Kat mumbled and shook her head, "No I'm good West... I'll ...I..." Her head tilted down as she Almost fell asleep. West's eyes widened as he saw Carter walk towards the room with a bag in his hand. West chuckled "alright then Kat... Just don't kill yourself"