Chapter sixteen: The Fall

Seven woke in pain. He groaned in pain as he held onto his bleeding shoulder. his armour kept blinking red showing his heart rate was decreasing rapidly. His left hand was tightly holding onto Jorge's dog tags. he crystal snow fell onto his gold visor. The snow around him was a bright red and vivid. Seven pulled himself up only to see the Corvette pieces orbiting the planet. Seven sighed it was another victory short lived. It seemed the covenant was always one step ahead of them and for every victory they had the covenant had two. Seven pulled himself up finding a reason to keep going. A flashing red light blinked in the distance. Seven hopped for the best but he also planned for the worse. Seven's vision only got worse by the minute as he dragged himself towards the package. Seven knelt down out of breath and his arm numbing started to stop which wasn't good. The blinking light finally revealed itself to Seven. It was a tracking beacon. It was active and it was starting to run out of juice. Seven felt his body starting to get heavier and heavier with each heartbeat getting lighter and lighter. Seven's body fell to the ground his body was too weak and his mind couldn't handle the stress. The sound of a warthog engine muffled through the snow. As the sound got louder and louder so did a voice. "Holy shit...... What happened here?" A Spartan in white armour stepped out of the passenger seat her voice was soft and lightened Seven's conscious. Another Spartan jumped out from the gunner seat, her armour was a black with silver outlines." damn... another dead Spartan... " The other with spartan wore Eva armour. "Seth!! Check his pulse" An ODST jumped out of the driver seat and looked at her " Who died and made you Queen Phoenix ?" Seth asked walking towards Seven's body. The blacked armoured spartan laughed. Phoenix turned to Seth." Seth... I swear to god I'll be you're worst nightmare" She said in a joking manner. Seth checked Seven'S pulse" holy mother!!! He's still alive" Seth yelled surprised. Phoenix turned to the black armoured Spartan. " Minoni load him into the warthog Seth get used to New Alexandria!"

West pulled his helmet off coughing out water. The beige sand wiped up against his armour. He turned around laying on his back the waves hitting up against his feet. Amber laid beside him her back wrapped up and she moaned slightly in pain. " Damn...Elite...... " she said laughing slightly. West nodded and pulled out a cigar and his gold-plated lighter," To Jorge one hell of a Spartan" West declared raising the cigar into the air. He flicked his lighter and lit his cigar turning the end of it to an orange amber colour. Amber lifted herself up and leaned herself against a nearby rock. The sound of AA guns and screaming civilians all but ruined the moment. West sighed as he puffed into his cigar. Amber laughed slightly and groaned in pain" guess agh... you'll never get to finish that cigar in peace will you " West chuckled and took one last good puff before throwing the cigar into the water. " Guess theirs no rest for the wicked ?" Amber nodded pulling herself up "agh..., West quickly got up and helped her stand" don't hurt yourself.." Amber nodded her forest green Recon helmet seemed to have accumulated no sand or water, "I'll be fine... I'll be able to walk on my own" She slightly pushed herself away from West. West nodded and looked up at the sound of a silent muffling engine. a phantom passed over their head. West looked back down at Amber and nodded " Let's get to the city we're bound to find weapons their"

Seven woke his shoulder patched up and his body laid on a ragged old man. three people sat in a circle discussing something of importance. Seven struggled to get up as he looked around. The building looked to be two floors upstairs and where ever he was. It had two wide windows one on the far side of the room and the other beside to the right of him. The room was a yellowish white from the old age and the abuse of the building. Seven held Jorge's dog tags tightly, he kept thinking he could have done something that Jorge didn't have to die. After all, it was his knife which had destroyed the counter. The ODST turned around at the sound of the metal dog tags hitting each other. "Damn didn't think you'd wake up any time soon.... or even ever" Seth chuckled and the two other Spartans turned towards Seven smiling. " So Spartan how'd you end up out their so wounded ?" Minoni asked slightly curious. Seven pulled himself up until his back against the wall. his right shoulder was num probably from the painkillers they gave him." It's a long story..." Seven said depressed and slightly groaning in pain. "Well, times not a luxury we have... You good to fight?" Seth asked standing up his ODST armour mack black and a white stripe on his helmet. seven nodded " hell yea I'm more than capable to lay lead into those Covenant bastards" Seven almost yelled frustrated. Phoenix smiles and picks up her white EVA helmet " Good... All right let's move out " Minoni stud up grabbing her black with silver outline inflator helmet.