Chapter 5: Why Do We Fall?

Author's note: The story still continues!

After watching film from the 1st week of the season, Sherman and Charlie got on their bikes and went for a bike ride to the park, while there, Sherman decided to help Charlie with his confidence issues by helping him kick a few field goals, but Charlie's depression was holding him back, causing him to miss a few field goals.

"You have to make sure you get the kick right, dude, you've missed too many kicks last night." Sherman then said, worriedly.

"I'm sorry." Charlie then replied.

"Don't say that you're sorry, prove it." Sherman replied.

"You ever feel cursed, Sherman? Like, no matter what, inside your heart you feel that you're gonna lose. Like something's hanging over you, following you like a witch, a stormy cloud or a demon that just... I feel like that all the time. Even when things are going good. When we're winnin', it's there. And when we're losin', it's there." Charlie then said, while kicking yet another missed field goal.

Sherman then remembered last season's 4-5 record, and how some classmates treated him like an outcast, but of all students, the only classmate that didn't treat Sherman like an outcast was his best friend, Penny.

"It took me a long time to realize that, uh, there isn't much difference between winning and losing, except for how the outside world treats you. But inside you, it's about all the same. It really is. Fact of the matter is, I believe that, uh, our only curses are the ones that are self-imposed. You know? We, all of us, dig our own holes." Sherman guiltily said, causing Charlie to feel bad.

"But Charlie, you digged your own hole, and I'm going to help you climb out of it." Sherman then said, confidently.

Charlie then gave a proud weak smile, and then started to kick a few field goals again, getting closer but still missing.

-At an old cabin, 12:30PM-

Phineas, Dipper, and Mabel walked over there and parked their bikes. Mabel was confused about why she was here.

Since Dipper and Mabel met Phineas and Ferb, they have been great friends, but there was something Dipper, Phineas, and Ferb had in common, working in the toolshed

"Uh, Dipper, this is the Mystery Shack. Why are we here? June isn't here for another few months." Mabel said.

"Well, it was either Quiznos or this. I couldn't pass this up. Once the mystery shack opens, we'll have our own Go-Cart auto shop, we'll name it "Pines' Gears and Flynn's Rigs. It's gonna be sweet!" Dipper replied to Mabel, excitedly.

"Wow, I know what me and Ferb are gonna do this summer! It's perfect, man!" Phineas said.

"There's going to be a little refrigerator on the right, and a hydraulic lift in the corner. Fixing go carts, drinking root beer, 24/7!" Dipper then said.

"Dipper, are you sure you want to work near the Mystery Shack?" Mabel asked, curiously.

"What more do we need, Mabel?" Dipper then replied, shrugging confidently.

"It's awesome, man." Phineas then said to Dipper, he then smiled.

"Thanks."

Meanwhile, at Goku's house, Goten was working on homework, while the radio was on. '"That was one heck of a ball game, Robbie. The Tigers have truly shown their talent last night!"

"And all the rumors are true about the QB Phenom, Kid Trunks "Young-gun" Briefs! He is the real deal, and with a great start for the Bradley Tigers, Sherman's spot as a starting QB may be in jeopardy. Next Saturday Night, the Tigers head to San Antonio to take on the Lincoln Elementary Knights, a heavy Underdog, but a formidable opponent."Dean then said on the radio.