Chapter 25: Champions

The Tiger Fans are celebrating as if they have the game won, but in order to do that, they must prevent the Razorbacks from scoring, and as the Razorbacks and Sherman Peabody well know, the game isn't over until the final whistle blows!"

-37 seconds left in the game-

"Thirty-seven seconds left in the game and the Razorbacks are driving down the field."

The ball was snapped, the linemen came off the ball...

"Dobbs goes back to pass..."

Ronny gets the snap, he throws downfield....and finds Ernie Steele for a first down at the 50.

"A quick slant and OH! He's got it! The Razorbacks are near Tiger territory!"

This was becoming an intense showdown; it was a hurry up offense.

"Ball on the 45 yard line."

"BRING HIM INSIDE!" Sherman yelled at the defense.

Ronny gets the snap,

"There's the snap, looks like he'll have to run..."

"STAY IN THERE!" Sherman yelled at the defense.

He was looking for an open man, but he then scrambled for his dear life, running 15 yards before being brought down by Buford.

"Another first down, it's a hurry up offense, the clock is ticking!"

"STOMM! YOU HAVE GOT TO STAY IN THERE!" Sherman once again shouted.

Ronny gets the snap, and throws a slant to Pablo, who is taken down at the field goal range. This was it; the Razorbacks are going to go for the field goal.

It seemed as if no matter what the defense did, the Razorbacks destiny to win the game was inevitable. The Razorbacks took their last timeout, and prepared for the field goal attempt from 49 yards.

"DEFENSE!" The Tiger fans on the left side of the stadium screamed, repeatedly.

"COME ON, RAZORBACKS, LET'S GO!" The Razorback fans on the right side of the stadium also chanted.

"Well, just 17 seconds left and it looks like the Razorbacks are going for the 49 yarder field goal, the Razorbacks kicker has never missed a field goal from this range all semester." The announcer said.

The fans in the stands were on their feet for the attempt.

It felt as if time became slow, the air became as thick as gelatin, the sounds suddenly silenced, and it felt as if there was no noise for Sherman, all he could do was watch sadly at the last play of the drive. It was a 35-35 ballgame.

The Tigers players on the sidelines held each other's hands, hoping for the kicker to miss the kick. The Tigers losing their chance at a 14-0 season seemed as if it was inevitable.

The ball was snapped, the linemen came off the ball with all their might, the holder held the ball, and the ball was kicked, the ball went up into the air....

... The whistle blew, and the ball went in between the uprights, the Refs signaled a "It's good" signal.

Then it felt as if time went back to normal. The Razorback crowd cheered.

After a bad kick return, the Tigers have the ball at the 20 yard line, 80 yards away from the endzone. 6 seconds left in the 4th quarter, the Tigers need to answer, otherwise, they can kiss the championship goodbye.

The offense was in the huddle,  trying to come up with a plan. 

"Should we throw a deep bomb, Sherman?" Arnold asked.