Chapter 23: Underdogs

Gameday, Thanksgiving 1997. 5PM, buses are filling up.

The team then walked over to their bus, ready to go to the Alamodome, Kid Trunks was about to get on the bus, but Sherman stopped him.

"Listen, I understand this is a difficult situation, I know that, it isn't lost on me or Mr. Peabody or Penny. But that's not the point, the point is that this team's depending on you. That's not pressure. That means there's a freedom." Sherman said, however, Kid Trunks was too angry to look at Sherman at the moment, especially if Mr. Peabody called CPS on Vegeta.

"Will you at least acknowledge what I'm saying?" Sherman said, worriedly.

"Yes, dude." Kid Trunks replied, with a weak smile.

"Try to leave it off the field. Be smart." Sherman replied, giving a weak smile back. Then, the boy walked into the bus, Kid Trunks fallowed as well.

Sherman then heard Goten shout, "Dude! It's almost time for the game! You're coming, right?"

Both boys finally got on the bus, and the busses for the teams headed to the Alamodome for tonight's game.

Author's note: Texas BFL State Title Game comin' up!

8:00PM. Irving, Texas. It was game time.

It was Thanksgiving Night, which meant one thing; it was Championship game night at Texas Stadium, the Bradley Tigers of Meadowbrook, Texas are about to go up against the Baugh Razorbacks of Wichita Falls, Texas. It was battle of the unbeatens, two of the best teams in the Backyard Football League in Texas, only one team will walk out of the Cowboys' home as the Undefeated Champion in the Texas BFL Championship. The question is, who would it be, Sherman and the Tigers? Or Tony Delvecchio and the Razorbacks?

The stadium was packed to the rim, 65,675 seats, VIP suites, plus 215 bleachers were filled, 80% of the stadium was full of both Bradley and Baugh Elementary School students, 10% of the stadium was full of parents, and the final 10% of the stadium was full of teachers. It was a lovely Thanksgiving Evening, everyone had their fill of Turkey and Veggies, and now, it was time for football, Backyard Football.

The air was electric in the dome. At the tiger bleachers, the parents were sitting there, and in the student section of the Tiger Bleachers, everyone was dressed in ancient Troy costumes colored in orange and black for the theme: War.

In the visitors' Locker room, the team was wearing their Orange jerseys, black wristbands, grey socks and Black sweatpants. Everyone looked at Sherman, who was standing in front of his teammates, with a serious look on his face. All their hard work, their commitment, their effort has led them to this.

"Let me ask you one question....." Sherman said, sternly, "Can you play like champions?"

"YES, SIR!" The team loudly replied, confidently.

"Then let's do this." Sherman sternly said again. The team cheered in excitement as they exited the locker rooms and went into the tunnel.

As the team came closer to the field, Sherman had a determined look on his face, ready for the biggest game of his life, the biggest BFL game he'll ever play, and that is the Texas Backyard Football League State Championship. He has worked hard all season for this game to be a dream come true. He has made commitments to his team, even though he was jealous of Kid Trunks' talent at QB, he still honored his commitment to his team.

As for Kid Trunks, there's no telling what's going on in his head right now, his father hit him, Mr. Peabody called CPS on his father, and he's still furious at Sherman, Penny, Patty, Paul, and Mr. Peabody, but still his team needs him now than ever now that they have made it this far.