Chapter 17: The Son

Author's note: The 2nd to last chapter of the 2nd act! A tribute to a FNL favorite: The Son.

Stadium, 10:30PM

Mr. Peabody and his friends were cleaning up the college field after the long evening, well, Peabody is doing most of the work, while Goku and the others were slacking off.

"You know, I'd appreciate you trying to help me, instead of fooling around." Mr. Peabody said, angrily picking up any trash left in the stands.

"Sorry, Peabs, but your friend has a lot to deal with." Goku replied.

"Yeah." Penny's father replied. Paul Peterson then sighed in anger and then said, "You know that I have to give a eulogy at my dad's funeral tomorrow, right?"

Mr. Peabody felt slightly guilty and then replied, "Oh, sorry."

Paul Peterson then started to have an annoyed glare.

"I have to say good stuff about this man, and all I really want to say is, "Here lies Ryan Peterson. His mom annoyed him, his wife couldn't stand him, and he didn't want to be a father to his son and daughter, so he took off, and joined the business of acting. Because he thought that was the only good idea to ditch all your responsibilities so no one could call you out on them, and that worked out really well for you, and you decide to live the lifestyle of Johnny Cash, and that ended up getting you killed, and here you are. And all you have left behind is a mother at a retirement home, a divorced wife, a daughter that wanted to see her father, and a son, who used to be an outcast. Thank you for coming 100 people I do not know." That's all I want to say. And you know what the worst part is, even if I did get up there and say that in front of my wife, daughters and everyone in this family, I don't know if I would be saying that to him because I have no clue if he's in that casket! It's a closed casket! For all I know it could be someone else, someone funny or a pile of rocks, I don't know."

Everyone was stunned by what he said, and yet, no one could blame him. Paul Peterson was very distant from his father, ever since her father was a kid, he tried to spend time with his father, but failed to do so. And if he did say all that about his father, Penny would be shocked to hear all that.

"Well." Stanley then said, "I guess there's only one way to find out then, right?"

Normally, Patty or Paul wouldn't approve of this, but apparently, he needs to know if Penny's grandfather is in that casket.

-Funeral Home, 10:50PM-

The group was at the funeral home and they opened the door, exhausted, but Mr. Peterson had to find out if Ryan was gone for sure.

"Oh, uh, Paul. I'm sorry, Mr. Peterson, but you're gonna have to leave, it's closing time." The funeral home owner said, noticing the group entering.

"I want to see my father." Penny's Father replied sternly. The funeral home owner was surprised at this, they agreed earlier in the week that it was going to be a closed casket.

"Wait, we agreed earlier that it is not a great idea."

"Look, buddy, I want to see my father, now." Paul Peterson's eyes are starting to glare at the funeral home owner.

-A few minutes later-

The group was in the room where Ryan Peterson's corpse was in his coffin.

"Are you sure?" The Funeral home owner said.

"Look, I really appreciate your concern but right now, I need to see him." Paul Peterson then said.

The funeral home owner then sighed in regret, then he opened the casket, and Penny's father was shocked at what he saw, Ryan Peterson lying, eyes closed, hands folded on the chest. He couldn't believe this, and after all he said those things.