Chapter 22: Betrayal

It was a glorious Monday Afternoon at Bradley Elementary, only a few more days til' the Backyard Football State Title Game between 2 undefeated teams, the Nathan Bradley Elementary School Tigers of Meadowbrook, Texas, and the Sammy Baugh Elementary School Razorbacks of Wichita Falls. The classes were at work, Mr. Peabody was substitute teaching the 4th grade class. However, this wasn't an ordinary Monday Afternoon, there was going to be a pep rally for the Bradley Tigers Football team for their effort.

The school bell rang, and classes began to head to the gymnasium. Helga noticed Charlie Brown was heading to the gym himself.

"Oh, Helga! I'm so glad I bumped into you, listen, I could help you with your essay." Charlie Brown then said, noticing Helga getting her bookbags.

"Yeah, sure." Helga then said.

Mr. Peabody was about to leave the classroom, but someone in a formal suit with a police badge in his pocket was there, he was in great shape, masculine and had glasses. His name was Clark Kent, Interim Chief of Police for Meadowbrook.

"Hector Peabody?" Clark then said.

"Oh, Clark. Let me guess, you heard about what happened." Peabody then said, with regret.

"Yeah, and I have to have a talk with you, I know it may be difficult that you have to call CPS." Clark then said.

"What?" Mr. Peabody then said in shock. "Me?? Calling CPS on Vegeta? I'm sorry but I just don't know if I could do it."

At the Bradley Elementary Gymnasium, there was sounds of a crowd cheering, the Bradley Tigers players were at the center court, dressed in their alternate Orange jerseys, as a football band song was playing, which could mean one thing, the school was having a pep rally for its BFL Team.

"Champs! Champs! Champs! Champs!" The crowd of students cheered, excited for the game in the upcoming championship game.

While the team was excited for the game, their new receiver star, Sherman Peabody, wasn't too excited as the others, especially after what happened between Vegeta and his son.

Speaking of which, where's Mr. Peabody, Penny and Jenifer? In the principal's office with the chief of police.

"The problem is, Clark, is that Sherman and our family gave support to Bulma and her son." Penny then said.

"Yeah, and now for Mr. Peabody to turn around and call CPS?" Jenifer replied.

"He has a mandate, he's a teacher." Clark replied.

"He doesn't want to do it." Both Penny and Jenifer said, simultaneously.

Clark then sighed, the twins and Mr. Peabody agree that it would be adding insult to injury if CPS stopped by Vegeta's house.

"Penny, you don't know anything. Your parents and Peabody might think this was the 1st time this happened, but as far as I'm concerned, you don't really know that. All you know is that you, your friends and family, and a lot of other people witnessed this guy, beating up his kid. That's Child Abuse." Clark then said.

"I know." Penny sadly said, her twin held her hand for support.

It was bad enough that Sherman and Kid Trunks were at odds with each other earlier, but they've formed a good friendship, and Sherman doesn't want that friendship to end anytime soon.

"Well, it's not like we have a choice." Sherman said.

30 minutes later:

Sherman, Penny, Cindy, Jenifer, Jimmy, Goten, Rallo, Arnold, Gerald, Mason, and Carl were in a classroom, still thinking about the decision they were about to let their parents make.

"No, I don't think we do have a choice." Penny then said.

"You want mom and dad to do it, Penny?" Jenifer then said.