Chapter 12

Hello people!!! And yessss...I entered into #YourStoryIndia contest. I hope the contest goes well. I'll be needing your support so, if you like this story then please share it. Thank you and now off you go and read.

The next day Kriya was serving dadi bua and Preeti their morning tea when the old lady spoke.

"Kriya aap iss ghar ki nayi bahu hai aur rasam ke hisaab se aap ko kuch meetha banana hai. Ek hafta hogaya hai aapki shaadi ko and aapne abhi tak kuch meetha nahi banaya. Isilye hum chahte hai ki aap aaj naashte ke baad kuch meetha banaye." (Kriya, you are the new daughter in law of this house and according to the rituals you are supposed to make a dessert for everyone. It's been a week since your wedding and you haven't followed the ritual. That's why I want you make something for us after the breakfast.)

"Ok dadi bua."

"Did I hear someone saying dessert?? Who's making it?" Rey asked entering living room.

"Kriya is going to make a dessert for us." Preeti said.

"I haven't thought yet what I'll make. Let's see what idea I get." Saying this Kriya left for the kitchen.

After having breakfast everyone was waiting for Kriya's dessert.

"Mommy hurry up, I'm getting late for school." Kaira said.

"I'm Coming." Kriya shouted from inside. After a moment Kriya entered the dining area with a cake in her hand.

"Chocolate cake!!! Yayy!!" Kaira exclaimed.

"Kriya, don't you think it's quite odd having cake for breakfast?" Ranvijay questioned.

"I know dad, cake after breakfast is quite odd. But as the ritual states a newlywed bride has to make a dessert irrespective of what it maybe. So I thought why not make something different as kheer and halwas are quite common. Plus Kaira loves chocolate cake."

"I'm impressed Kriya. I like the way you think dear." Ranvijay praised her.

"Thanks dad."

"Cake looks yummy Kriya, serve it fast." Preeti said. Dadi bua wanted to point out some mistake but she had no scope for that as Kriya had baked the cake really well.

"Mommy it is delicious."

"Thanks sweetie. Now finish it off quick I'll get your school bag." Saying this Kriya left for Kaira's room.

As she entered the room, she felt someone's presence as well. On turning around she clashed into Rey. They were so close to each other. Their faces were just inches apart.

"Rey what are you doing here?" She asked wriggling to get out of his grip. But he pulled her even closer. The more she struggled the more he pulled her towards him.

"I wanted to tell you something."

"Wh...what?"

Leaning in towards he whispered making her shiver. "Kaira's not the only one who loves chocolate cake, her daddy loves it as well." His breath lingered on cheek making her shudder in response.

"And the cake was deliciously yummy." He said kissing her cheek. His lips lingered on her cheek more than necessary as she clutched his shoulder for support.

He pulled back and stared her as she did the same. Both of them were going through a whirlpool of emotions. "I should be going else Kaira will get late." Kriya said.

"Sure." Rey replied and stepped back watching her leave the room. Once she left he mentally slapped himself. "Ugh...Rey you've become an idiot."

Rey returned back after dropping Kaira to school. Usually he leaves for office after dropping Kaira to school but today he had to return back as he forgot an important file. All the family members were assembled in the living room except badi bua.