Chapter 19

Hi Everyone. Happy New Year to all of you. May you guys have a joyful and prosperous new year.

I want to apologize for not updating all these days. I had some personal problems to deal with along with my job. My new year's resolution is to be a better author.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

It has been two days Kriya is avoiding him. She tried her best to avoid him. She preferred changing her route instead of encoutering him. She talked to him only in office that too when it is necessary. Other than that she didn't bother sparing him a glance. Not only Kriya but also everyone in the family cut all the conversations with Rey except Kaira who was confused. Even Dadi Bua, for a change was on Kriya's side. Payal's words have been haunting her since that night. She couldn't sleep properly with the thought of someone else bearing Rey's child, hunting her like a nightmare. They shared the same room but none of them spoke a word at night. Kriya chose to stay quiet out of anger whereas Rey out of guilt.

"Daddy why is everyone not talking to you?" Kaira asked in utter confusion.

"Nothing baby. Daddy has done something that he shouldn't have done. And don't worry daddy knows how to convince everyone." He reassured her making her smile in return and kiss his cheek. He kissed her back. Just the Kriya entered the room.

"Kaira it's time for your study honey. Get your books."

"But mommy I don't feel like studying now. Can we do it later, pweesh? I want to play."

"No. We're studying now and no more discussion."

"Kriya let it be. She's just a kid. If she doesn't feel like studying now then let it be. It's not like she's going to fail in her exams or so." Rey said.

"Kaira get your books and meet me in the living room in five minutes." Kriya said ignoring Rey and trying to control her temper.

"But mommy..." Kaira tried to speak but shut up on seeing giving her a stern look. Rey couldn't bear the sight of her daughter being upset.

"You don't need to vent out your anger for me on my daughter." Rey pulled her close and hissed. All Kriya did was glare at him.

"Kaira go and play. I need to talk to your mommy alone." Rey said without taking his eyes off Kriya. Giving a last glance at her parents Kaira quickly exited the room. Rey bolted the door immediately.

"What are you doing Rey?"

"All I'm doing is trying to talk to you."

"But I don't want to talk to you." Kriya said in an uninterested tone.

"Fine, then don't. At least you can listen to me, can't you?"

"I am not interesting in listening to any of your explanations because it will not change the fact that you cheated on me. You betrayed me Reyansh." She raised her tone.

"I know I hurt you. But listen please to me once."

"You have five minutes. Shoot!"

"I met Payal two days before I was supposed to see you at your house. I was disturbed very much. I didn't want to get married but my parents forced me to. I didn't want anyone to take Payal's place in this house. I didn't want anyone else to be called as Kaira's mother. I missed my Payal very much that day. And one of my friends dragged me to a bar thinking I'll forget about this entire situation. And there I saw this girl. Her name was Payal and to add more to my misery she was wearing a green dress which was Payal's favorite color. Even she seemed disturbed. We started conversing and drinks took their toll on us. We leaned in and kissed. And the next thing I remember was taking her to a room and there we made out. I felt extremely guilty when I woke up with my senses working properly. Both of us decided to forget this incident and move on. And when I met you...you just changed my point of view. I wanted you to be called as the daughter in law. I wanted you to be called as Kaira's mother and most importantly my wife. We were happy. It was just three weeks ago out of blue she approached me to inform that she was two months pregnant with my child. I didn't believe her right away. We went for a DNA test and it turned out to be positive. I really don't want to accept that child but neither can I ignore it. I was finding a way to tell you but before I could, Payal spilled everything." He paused for a moment waiting for her reaction. But she put on a blank expression. When he got no response from her, he continued.