Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

"Sharon dear, go get Kriya." Smriti said politely.

As said by her mother, Sharon headed upstairs to bring her elder sister, Kriya, downstairs as the guests were waiting. The guests were none other than their new business partners, the Singhaniya family, who had actually come for a marriage proposal for their son.

Reyansh Singhaniya was a famous business tycoon, known for excellence in his field. He was getting married for the second time only as per his parents' wish. His first wife, Payal Singhaniya died four years back in a plane crash, leaving him and their daughter Kaira all alone. He loved her deeply that it was difficult to give his place to someone else. On constant insist from his parents, he agreed to get married for the second time as they were correct, Kaira needed a mother.

Kriya descended the stairs, along with sharon, draped in a purple Anarkali (an Indian dress). Being the to be bride, she should be happy. But she wasn't. There wasn't any glow on her face. Her face was devoid of any emotions. How could there be happiness on her face when she lost everything in her life.

It was hardly a year she had got married to the one she loved, Rajeev Malhotra. Just before their first wedding anniversary, he died in a car accident. Her in laws blamed her to be the reason for this and sent her back to her parents. She was a widow. But her parents wanted to refill the colors of her life. She was still in her mid twenties. She agreed to get married only for the sake of her parents. She had promised not give Rajeev's place to anyone else in the world.

She was made to sit beside Rey. None of them bothered to take a glance at the other. Kaira who was settled in Rey's lap spoke "Hello, I'm Kaira. Are you going to be my new mom?" She was barely a five year old girl.

This shocked Kriya. She looked at her parents in confusion. Okay, she hadn't expected any unmarried guy to send a marriage proposal, but neither did she think that she would be getting married to a father of a five year old child.

So, how's it??

Vote, Share and comment please. And pardon me for the mistakes, if any.