Chapter 2

Hey guys, I'm here with the second part. Hope you guys like it.

Chapter 2:

She looked at her parents in confusion and spoke "mom, dad I need to talk to you now."

Her parents gave the guests an apologetic look.

"No problem Smriti, you go we'll wait here" Preeti, rey's mom said. Once Kriya and her parents left, Kaira spoke "daddy I'm hungry."

"Kaira baby you can have these snacks" Sharon said offering her a few snacks.

"Thank you."

"She's really sweet and polite." Sharon complimented Kaira to which Rey and his parents smiled.

On the other hand, Kriya and her parents were in a room.

"Kriya is this the way you behave in front of guests. We could have talked later." Smriti said.

"Mom it's urgent and I didn't want to delay it."

"What is it dear?" Gautam asked calmly.

"Dad how can you fix my marriage with a guy who has a five year old daughter?"

"Kriya you can't expect some unmarried guy to approach you with a proposal." Smriti replied.

"Mom why are you being rude to me? And I know that. All I'm trying to say is can't I marry someone of my age. He looks so elder."

"Kriya he's just thirty one."

"Yeah and I'm still twenty four. There's seven years of age gap between us. I don't think it'll work, plus how will I adjust there, with his family and his daughter."

"Kriya we understand you honey and we aren't forcing you. It's all up to you. And regarding Kaira, she's a sweet girl. And his family is nice and supportive as well." Her dad replied.

"Gautam, what do you mean it's up to her. She has promised to get married again. If she doesn't get married now then how will we fix Sharon's marriage. What will we answer the society? They'd probably think that there's some fault in Kriya due to which her husband died  and no other man wants to marry her. It will ultimately effect Sharon too." Smriti, who still follows conventional rules replied.

"Smriti stop." Gautam said in a stern tone.

"No dad it's fine. I'm kind of used to this behaviour of mom. And mom I'm ready for this marriage. Do whatever you want now." Saying this Kriya left the room in anger.

"You shouldn't have said that." Gautam scolded Smriti and both of them followed Kriya back to the living room.

"Is everything fine?" Rakesh, Rey's father asked.

"Yeah, absolutely fine." Gautam replied.

Everyone was chatting with eachother except the to-be-wed. None of them noticed it. After sometime Preeti spoke.

"So, Kriya are you ready for this marriage?" Preeti asked.

Taking a deep breath Kriya replied "yes aunty." She closed her eyes as she said those words and a lone tear escaped as she remembered the day when Rajeev along with his parents arrived here to meet Kriya's parents. Everything was just same except for two things. Reyansh had replaced Rajeev and the glow on kriya's face disappeared. This was all the difference that mattered a lot.

"And what about you Rey?"

"I'm fine with it." Rey said in an uninterested tone.

Pardon me for the mistakes of there are any. If you guys liked it, then please vote, comment and share.

Thank you!