Chapter 18

Hey guys! As promised here's the weekend update. I hope you guys like it. And I'm planning to update every weekend starting from today. Enjoy the chapter. :)

"Oww oww..." Rey winced in pain before sucking his finger.

"Rey you idiot be careful. And hurry up mister, you don't have all day long. It's a simple dish and you can't even cook it properly. Seriously Rey, you are good for nothing. Pull up your socks man." He gave himself a small prep talk.

After three tries, Rey finally cooked a dish worth eating. Knowing that he was running out of time he directly proceeded towards the dessert. Once he was done with the dessert he moved towards arrangements. By 7:30 pm he was done with everything. Feeling satisfied with his work, he proceeded to get ready. It was five minutes past eight and he was waiting for Kriya in the living room. Just then he heard a car being pulled into their entrance. Glancing from the window, he saw Kriya stepping out of the car with shopping bags in her hand. He left the door open and hid behind a pillar.

"Mom, Kaira I'm home." Kriya yelled while entering the house. The unusual silence in the house amused her. She put the shopping bags on the table and advanced towards the kitchen to check if anyone is present. Suddenly she felt a pair of hands tying a blind fold around her eyes. 

"Who is it?" She asked hitting the person in his stomach with her elbow. 

"Ouch...Kriya it's me, Rey." He said rubbing his stomach.

"Oh, sorry. But why did you tie blindfold on my eyes?"

"It's a surprise madam." He whispered in her ears. He led her to the garden where he had set up everything. He uncovered her eyes revealing his hard work in front of her. After examining everything, she turned towards him.

"Don't you think it's a little cheesy?" She asked raising a brow. His jaw hanged down and his eyes widened with shock. "Do you really think this is cheesy??" She tried to contain her laugh on seeing his shocked yet cute expression. When she couldn't hold back her laugh she let it out.

"You look so cute Rey. And chill I was kidding. This is absolutely beautiful. I simply loved it." A grin appeared on his face. The garden was beautiful decorated and lightened with colored lanterns. And small table was set up in between surrounded by a bed of roses. It was simple yet beautiful.

"Shall we my lady?" He gestured her to accept his hand. As the took a few steps forward it started raining, all of a sudden. Immediately they retrieved their steps.

"What the f**k?" Rey swore. "Argh, why did it have to rain all of a sudden?"

"Rey it's fine. We can go inside and have the dinner." Kriya assured him. Just as the stepped inside the lights went off. "Great! This was the last thing expected." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Don't get upset please. We can still have candle light dinner together." Kriya asked Rey to set the table whilst she lightened the rest of the house with candles. Rey completed his work before Kriya and so he observed each and every movement of hers. With a serene smile on her face she lighted each and every candle. The darkness depicted his life after Payal's death. Like these candles, Kriya shone light into his dark life. He couldn't help but smile. After lightening the entire house she stood in front of him with a small smile.

"So how's my idea??" She asked.

"Beautiful, just like you." He whispered in her ears.

"Um., let's have the dinner." She said with her eyes down and blush covering her cheeks as she felt him stare at her.

Like a gentle man he pulled out the chair for. "Here I present to you, Chef Reyansh's special dish, Italian white sauce pasta with cheese and omelette." He acted like a chef. An amused grin appeared on her face.