I Want Crazy (Part 1)

Gerald left his car at the airport’s parking lot. When they arrived in Manila he offered to bring her home with an excuse that he wanted to see Cassie. The minute he stepped inside Sarah’s house, the little girl came running into the arms of Gerald.

“Teka lang Cassie, hindi mo man lang ba ako ikikiss? You missed Tito Ge more than me?”

Cassie removed herself from Gerald’s embrace to give her mom a hug. “Sorry Mom. Of course I missed you, too. Do you have something for me?”

“Ayun, talagang pasalubong pala talaga ang habol mo sa akin.”

“That’s not true. I missed you talaga that’s why tonight I’m gonna sleep in your room with you.”

“Oo na, sige na. Namiss mo na ako. Entertain Tito Ge first so he can go home na rin. He’s as tired as I am. Ge, iwan ko muna kayong magbestfriend ha. Ipapasok ko lang ‘tong mga gamit ko.”

“Okay,” he just said. As she went inside her room, he and Cassie started with their catching up.

“Tito Ge, what did you and Mommy do there?”

“We worked but after that your mom and I went out.”

“Where did you go?”

“We just had dinner together and then went back to our hotel again.”

“Tito Ge, did you take care of my mom while you were there?”

“Of course! I always take care of her kahit saan kami pumunta. Why did you ask?”

“Ah… kasi… kasi…”

“C’mon Princess, you can tell me anything. What is it?”

“Ah… basta promise me you won’t get mad ha.”

“I promise,” he said as he held up his right hand. Cassie looked at her… pleadingly… he wasn’t sure, but he knew something was bothering her. “Sige na, sabihin mo na sa akin.”

“Ah, Tito Ge. Di ba sabi ko sa ‘yo dati I’ve been praying to God to give my mom someone who will take care of her?” He nodded. “Kasi… ngayon po ang pinagdadasal ko sana ikaw na lang ‘yung pinadala ni God para kay Mommy. And now that you said that you take care of her all the time, I am sure na ikaw na talaga ang binigay ni God to answer my prayer.”

Gerald was taken aback by the little girl’s revelation. With last night’s kiss, his confession of love to her (even though she was sleeping), and now this made him think that maybe God is telling him something. Maybe he didn’t need the time and space apart to be sure of what he’s feeling for her. Maybe this, itself, is a confirmation.

“Tito Ge, are you mad at me?” Cassie hesitantly asked.

“Of course not baby. I’m just thinking.” He fidgeted in his seat, unsure of how to say the things he’s going to say next. “Kasi baby, kung halimbawa ako nga sa tingin mo ang binigay ni God sa mommy mo pero ayaw naman ng mommy mo, anong gagawin mo?”

“My mom likes you a lot.”

“Really?” he beamed.

“Oo naman po. He wouldn’t be friends with you kung ayaw n’ya sa ‘yo. Di ba?”

“I guess,” his heart suddenly sank, thinking that he and Cassie we’re not thinking about the same thing.

“Tito Ge, do you love me?”

“Yes baby.”

“Do you love my mom?”

But before he could answer, Sarah came out from her bedroom looking so fresh in her simple shirt and denim shorts.