On Love, Distance and Fears (Part 2)

"Marry me," he blurted out.

She let go of his face and backed away a little. "What?"

This time it was his turn to hold her. "I said marry me."

"Nahihibang ka na ba? You don't have to propose para lang makuha ang time namin ni Cassie," she said with a little laugh.

"This is not about that."

"Da, we both know that it is."

He let go of her hand and bowed his head. "I love you so much... more than I've ever loved anyone before. We are a new couple at kayo naman ni Mark ay may history at may anak pa kayo. Ano naman ang laban ko dun?"

"Sino ba ang nagsabing may kompitensya? You've already won us over. Kami ni Cassie, we are head-over-heels in love with you."

"Pero..."

She silenced him by kissing him on the lips. He closed his eyes and savored that moment. "Wala nang pero pero. Just trust and believe me when I say that I love you and there is nothing Mark can do to make me change my mind."

"I love you Sarah. I love you so much. Always remember that."

She smiled, nodded and leaned over again to kiss him.

********

When she got home that night, she checked on Cassie and found that she was already fast asleep - tired from the bonding activities she did with her grandparents.

"Hi Mommy," she greeted when she joined her for coffee at the dining room.

"Kamusta naman ang pag-uusap n'yo ni Gerald.

"Hindi ko po alam kung masasabi bang okay 'yun."

"Bakit, ano bang nangyari?"

"Medyo hindi po n'ya gusto 'yung idea na pupunta kami ni Cassie kay Mark for Christmas. First Christmas daw po kasi namin together at may mga plans daw po s'ya para sa aming tatlo. At mas lalo pang nainis nung nalaman n'yang gusto ni Mark na nandun kami hanggang New Year."

"Understandable naman."

"Mommy, nagseselos po s'ya kay Mark."

"Again, it's understandable."

There was a momentary silence. Then she asked, "What do you think of Gerald?"