You on My Mind

"Mommy, you look so pretty. I think Tito Ge will say so, too," the little girl said with her head propped on her hand while lying down on her tummy as she watched her mom.

It was a Saturday afternoon. Sarah was getting ready for Gerald's friend's wedding, which they will be going to.

"Of course Baby! Magkamukha kaya tayo."

"I know Mom. That's why Tito Ge always tells us both that we're beautiful."

"I know Baby. Isn't Tito Ge the sweetest?"

Just then they heard soft knock and in came Mommy Divine.

"Nand'yan na ang sundo mo anak," she said.

"Thank you Ma. I'm almost ready."

"Aba, ang ganda naman ng anak ko ngayon."

"Ngayon mo lang yan napansin Ma?" Sarah kidded.

"Cassie, why don't you go outside and keep Tito Gerald company while your mom finishes getting ready."

Cassie hurriedly got off the bed and ran outside.

"Anak?"

"Yes Ma?"

"I can see you're happy with him... he's making you happy. I've never seen that glow in a long time."

Sarah smiled at her mom. "Yes Ma, I am happy. Hindi pa rin po ako makapaniwala na 'eto ako, isang disgrasyada at may isang lalaking natanggap ako ng ganun at mahal na mahal ako at ang anak ko. I must've done something good in my life to get a second chance at happiness."

"Napakabuti mong tao Sarah. You deserve all the happiness you are feeling now.

"Thank you Ma," she said as she embraced her mother.

They stayed like that for a few seconds before Mommy Divine broke it off. "S'ya tama na nga ito. Magugusot pa 'yang damit mo." She started walking to the door. "Lumabas ka na dun at naghihintay na ang prince charming mo. Don't make him wait too long."

"Ma talaga."

She checked her reflection on the mirror one last time before getting her clutch on the bed and heading out.

Gerald couldn't stop stealing glances from her as he drove them to the church.

"Da, eyes on the road. Baka mabangga tayo."

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?"

"Actually yes. This is the third time. First was when I came out from my room and the second one was when we got in the car right before we left."

"I really can't stop saying it, ang ganda mo kasi eh."

"Oo na. Tigilan mo na ang pambobola kasi girlfriend mo na ako."

He held her hand, which was resting on her lap. She intertwined her fingers with his.

"I love you gorgeous," he affectionately said.

"I love you, too handsome."

********

At the church, the entrance of the entourage has already started. Gerald and Sarah sat alone in one of the back pews as they watched the goings on. After the bride's parents took their place in front of the altar and the big church doors were closed, a familiar intro to a song played. Sarah immediately turned her head to the direction of the choir box. Her eyes became wide after she saw who was about to sing the wedding march.

Ang pag-ibig ko'y tanging ikaw lamang

Ang puso kong ito ay para lang sa 'yo

Magpakailan ma'y hindi magbabago....