Surprises

Two more weeks pass. The three of them have gotten used to living together under one roof. Gerald’s bond with Cassie has gotten even stronger. This is because he took on the task of tucking the little girl to bed at night while Sarah finishes cleaning up in the kitchen together with the house help. This is also the time when they do some father-daughter catching up.

“Daddy, we have a school program on Saturday. Can you and Mom watch me?”

“Of course Princess! What’s your part?”

“I’m gonna sing.”

“Really? Bakit ngayon ko lang nalaman na marunong ka pala kumanta?”

“It’s my secret,” she whispered to him.

“Bakit secret? If it’s your talent, you should show it.”

“Bakit naman po si Mommy?”

“What about Mommy?”

“Do you know that she can sing really well?”

“Yes. I’ve heard her sing before. She sings a lot when we’re so stressed at work.”

“But do you know that she can dance really well also?”

“Ha? She does?”

“Opo. And Lola said she can sing and dance at the same time. When she was a little girl, she joined programs also. Kaya nga po sumali ako sa program sa school eh. I wanna be just like Mom.”

“Sige nga, let me hear you sing your song for Saturday.”

“H’wag na lang po Daddy. Surprise ko na lang sa inyo ‘yun. Kaya promise me you’re gonna watch ha.”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

Just then, Sarah came in. “Hindi pa tulog ang prinsesa?” she asked as she walked towards the bed.

“Mom, don’t forget about the program on Saturday ha? Daddy said he’ll watch me.”