Chapter Twenty Four: By My Promise.

- Lewis's P.O.V - - - - - - - - - -

"So, thats whats in there," her melodic voice said in relief as I pulled out the only dish I was able to make.

I turned to look over at her, the relief written in her features, but it didnt distract me from the anxiousness dominating over it. I did my best to ignore it as my eyes fell onto her hands that carressed at the chain I had gotten her for as a gift.

Besides the whole cliche thing, I was kind of glad I didn't have to haul up a table here because that would have been completely useless. She was more into the simple side than extravagant, and I think the necklace was what I was more worried about.

She didnt give off that much of a reaction, which made me think she hated it, but when I was going to retrieve it back, she shook her head furiously.

"No, I love it. I really do. I love everything you've done for me tonight," She assured me, but her words sounded like it carried a bit more than that. Before I can confirm it in her eyes, she turned around quickly, collecting her hair and pushing it to the side as she clasped it on herself.

She noticed my staring, to which she quickly shifted into a more comfortable position, the golden chain glinting a little at the reflection of the moon's glow. The golden pendant Z- swinging slightly before resting onto the soft skin of her chest, which had me quick to bring my eyes back to what I had pulled out from the cooler and busy myself once again.

I chuckled," Why? What else would it be?" I asked laying the cheesecake desert inbetween us as I broke out two forks.

"I dont know... I was thinking it was empty or something," She shrugged, her teeth biting down onto her lower lip, making me clutch at the utensils in my hands.

She really needed to stop doing that.

"Why is that?," I decided to ask her, taking in a deep breath to calm myself. It was really getting harder to stick by my promise. With each time she nipped at her lower lip, my control of my wolf was becoming more of a challenge.

She shook her head, waving it off as she leaned closer to give the desert a look," Did you make this?"

"Yes," I smiled, tossing one of the forks over my shoulder and purposely ignoring the eyebrow raise she shot at me.

"Okay, first off, are you lying to me? And second off, you just wasted a perfectly good fork!," she screamed, shaking her head at me when I shrugged it off.

"Okay, okay. You caught me," I mocked, forking a piece of the desert as I brought it to her lips.

She pursed her lips at it, making me need to clench my jaw for a mere second before her lips parted and they wrapped slowly around the cake. Her eyes flashed up to mine, making me need to swallow down as much of the excitement I could before I lost too much control as she slowly pulled back, her lips moving ever so slightly as she chewed.

"I didnt make it. My mom did," I admitted to her question. It was true that this was indeed supposed to be made by me. Keywords being, supposed to. But, my mother had nearly beated me with a spoon to get out of the way as she took over.

She seemed even more ecstatic and hasty to make it perfect when I told her it was for this occasion.

"Its so good," she moaned, making me barely stop myself from tossing the desert out of the way and making that same pleasurable sound come agai-