Chapter Fourteen: Pacifica's P.O.V. Tonight's The Night!

"There's something haunting Northwest Manor!" I cry out to Mabel at the doorstep of the Mystery Shack.
  She gasps."There's a ghost at your house?! I'm not sure if that's cool or bad or both."
  "Yeah. And we need to get rid of it before the party tonight. My parents saw you and Dipper in the newspaper defeating that vampire bat, and..." I feel my heart pumping fast. I would get to spend the whole night with Mabel. I can't wait to tell her. "...we're inviting you guys to the party to help get rid of it."
  Dipper gets up from a soft, orange chair and walks over."Wait - really? Wow! An opportunity to defeat a ghost! I'll be a hero! Woohoo!"
  Mabel smiles."Cool! Thanks, Pacifica! Can't wait! I have the best dress ever - wait 'til ya see it!"
  I grin."Great! You can be dropped off at 4:00. See you then."
  Mabel says,"See you." She closes the door and I walk off the porch into the limo waiting for me. Inside sit my parents.
  "We shouldn't have done this," my father says."This Mabel girl is a bad influence."
  "It was one time, Preston," my mom argues."She's learned her lesson. Leaving the house during the day is unacceptable. It will not happen again."
  They look up and see me climbing in. My mom continues reading her magazine, and my dad goes back to skimming the newspaper. They don't say a word to me.
  A few minutes later, we're back to the mansion. A realization washes over me: what the hell am I going to wear?! I have plenty of nice dresses, but this one has to be special - for Mabel.
  She's going to look all cute and amazing, and me... I don't want to make her feel bad by wearing one of my fancy dresses, but how else can I look good for her?
  A better question: why am I thinking of her as more than a friend?
  I've never wondered about my sexuality. Ever. I've always just thought I was a basic straight person, into boys and stuff. But I guess you just have to find that right person to change your mind. Is Mabel that person?
  I dig through my closet. I find a silk purple dress and a soft black vest to go with it. "This could work," I say to myself.
  I put it on, and brush my hair until it's softer than I ever remember. I carefully do my makeup. The clock strikes 4:00, yet I still have a decision to make.
  Okay. I'm going to do it. Tonight's the night!