Chapter Nineteen: Mabel's P.O.V. Oh

Okay, recap.
After I walked back out into the rain that went from mist to thunderstorm, I reached the woods. I found I nice tree stump to do the exorcism on. I recited lines from the journal, but before I was able to finish, the lumberjack ghost requested to see the trees one last time. I let him, but unfortunately I didn't know that he would regain power, fly out of the mirror, and right back to the mansion for deathly vengeance!
So now I'm running frantically through the mud in the rain towards the manor. I would enjoy to never show my face there again, but things happen.
I reach the doors, and push them open as thunder booms.
Full on chaos.
Animal statues have come alive and are now chasing people around the ballroom. The one hundred and two year old mayor is being turned into wood along with four other people.
"Help... me..." a man begs as he army crawls towards me, yet it's too late; he's turned into to wood.
"Ah!" I yelp.
I notice the cowardly Northwests have ran off somewhere, leaving these poor people to suffer.
  The ghost announces something about how the one of the Northwests have to open the gates to stop this madness.
  "Pacifica!" I shout. I know exactly where to find her.
  Sure enough, two minutes later, a flashlight blinks in the room we tumbled into earlier."Pacifica! The ghost is turning everyone to wood! You need to open the gates!" I grab her hand, but she resists.
  "I'm sorry, Mabel," she confesses."My family never told me about the haunting. They made you do this anyway. They're assholes. I'm sorry."
  I sit beside her."Oh, Pacifica, you don't need to apologize," I tell her."It wasn't your fault. You didn't know."
  "Do you wanna know what I found in here? Why I didn't know where this room was? It has a painted record of every single horrible thing my family has ever done. I can't believe it."
  She shines the flashlight on a few paintings and pictures of her family lying and cheating.
  I take a deep breath. This is my chance to make everything better. Do it, Mabel."Listen, Pacifica, you are nothing like your family. You are awesome, smart, fun, funny, and beautiful. Your parents suck." I slowly reach for her hand. Our fingers touch, and I feel the energy between us. There's a warm and inviting touch to her hands. I rest my hand on top of hers. Our eyes meet. I notice her baby blue eyes are watery.
  This is your chance, Mabel, I tell myself. C'mon, kiss her!
  Yet this I would have never expected - I reach in only very slightly, unsure if I'll even try. Next thing I know, her palms are on my face and her lips are touching mine.
  Pacifica Elise Northwest just kissed me.