Chapter Seven: Mabel's P.O.V. Complicated

There's a knock at the door. I sigh. I had just gotten in my comfortable spot.
Yet I go to open it anyway, and the makeup-less blonde standing there surprises me."Pacifica? What're you doing here?"
She blushes."H-hi, Mabel..."
"Here, come in."
She strolls in and I shut the door.
  "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly," she confesses.
  "Oh, it's okay," I say."Why was everyone staring at us, though?"
  "Two reasons." She takes a deep breath."One is because my parents don't let me out alone. And the other is because I'm not that great of a person."
  "What do you mean?"
  "Well, it's complicated... but I'm glad you're okay with my sudden disappearance."
  "O-okay." I try not to seem desperate to know what she means.
  "Well, see you."
  "Okay."
  She walks out and I close the door behind her.
  Dipper walks in from the kitchen."Who was that?"
  "A girl named Pacifica."
  "You've made a friend already? How do you do that so quickly?!"
  I shrug.
  He sighs."I wish I could socialize like you do. There's something wrong with me, I swear. I just can't talk to boys. Don't even start with girls. I just get all sweaty and nervous."
  "Don't worry about it, bro," I exclaim."It's all cool."
  "When I talk to boys, I even blush. I think I'm figuring out why."
  "So: why?" I ask.
  "It's complicated." He yawns, yet it's obviously fake."I should get to bed. Goodnight, Mabel."
  "Goodnight."
  Complicated. Why is everything so complicated?