Chapter Fifteen: Mabel's P.O.V. This Is It

"So you're saying I'll be defeating the ghost alone with Pacifica?"
  I'm not sure how to feel right now - excited, awkward, or bad.
  Dipper sneezes."Yes," he says hoarsely.
  I'd feel excited because I'm going to defeat the ghost of Northwest Manor alone with Pacifica, awkward because I'm going to defeat the ghost of Northwest Manor alone with Pacifica, or bad because Dipper came up with a sudden fever. A little of all three, I guess.
  He gives me a look."I was going to say sorry but i think this may give you an advantage..."
  "Oh my gosh, shut up!" I playfully shove him.
  "I think you should ask her out."
  "Eh, I don't know, Dipper. Her parents don't seem like the nicest people in the world. If they don't support it and they find out, I'll never see Pacifica again."
  "It's worth a shot."
  "She might not even like girls, though!"
  "C'mon, Mabel! You're the most outgoing, social, and confident person I know. You can do this. If she doesn't feel the same way, who cares? You'll still be friends."
  I think about this for a moment."You know what? You're right. Tonight I'm going to ask out Pacifica Elise Northwest!" I announce.
  The clock strikes 4:00.
  "Well, go have fun," Dipper says."But not too much fun."
  "You're weird," I laugh."Grunkle Stan! It's four o'clock!"
  "Alright, alright!" Grunkle Stan yells from downstairs.
  I climb into the car and take a deep breath. This is it.