My Master-Chapter 7

Drake's POV-

We've been in this small, old carriage trunk for more than a day, but it was all worth it. Holding her in my arms felt amazing. Feeling the warmth coming off her skin and her heartbeat on my chest. I could never feel these things with Saphire. 

The arrangement to marry her was made on my 16th birthday. I never got to know her until a couple months ago, but I've heard horrible things. She's known for sleeping around and being horrible to slaves. But now I have Mary. I've had feelings for her since the first time I ever saw her.

It was that night I had heard from a villager that a young girl was sacrificed on her 14th birthday. I hated my father's ways of what he did to slaves. I never treated any of my slaves like he did.

I would have ignored this girl if it wasn't for the man who had mentioned the village. The village that never had any survivors. I decided to help this girl, the only slave that I had ever saved. I felt as if she was mine, my own slave.

When I found her she was already half dead, but she was still the most beautiful girl I've ever layed eyes on. Her long, reddish brown hair was so long it dangled from the alter.  Her skin wasn't pale but not tan either, it was perfect.

I picked her up in my arms and ran to the castle as fast as I could. She had to live, she had to.

Thankfully, she was and I've been watching her ever since, making sure my father never hurt her. I noticed she also had been watching me. I hoped I would be able to talk to her one day, but that day never came. 

Until that fateful day when she was sent into my room. I never meant to scare her, but she was about to leave and I had to make my move.  When I saw her there staring at me I couldn't help but fall in love with her all over again. 

Something came over me and I had to make her mine and you know the rest.

I feel her stir in my arms. She was waking up from her long nap. I almost didn't want her to wake up so I could be in this bliss a little bit more.

"Drake?" she mumbles, looking around. She's so cute.

"Yes, my love." I bury my face in her neck breathing in her scent. She has the most amazing scent in the world.

"Are we there yet, my back's cramping." she whines. 

"I suppose so, Love." I feel her snuggle into my chest. I am so lucky to have her. She isn't like any other girl I've ever met. I could finally feel warmth from a body. I've never felt that from anyone before. 

Suddenly, the carriage is jerked to a stop. I feel her stiffen knowing she is afraid of others finding us. We hear voices outside of someone right next to the trunk. I ready myself to pounce on whoever was about to harm Mary.

The trunk flies open and I pounce on the intruder. I growl loudly choking the person who could dare harm her. I hear Mary screaming in the background.

"Lad, can you please remove your hands so I can help you and your lady." A women's voice filled the air. I look down and see a women probably around her 50's with long gray hair and fair skin. She wore beads and long scarfs.

She wasn't a vampire, obviously, and could never hurt Mary through me. I get off her and sheild Mary by pushing her behind me. She puts out her hand for me to shake.

"Now let me introduce myself, I'm Annabelle, my sister has told me so much about you!"