My Master- chapter 21

Mary's Pov-

It was dark and cold. I was running through the forest, being dragged by a boy that kept telling me to run. Why run, its pointless, hell kill us and then leave us in the woods where no one can find us. I couldn't see the boys face but I looked down and saw a mark, the mark of Vampire royalty.

The mark was a crescent moon with a tear drop inside it. It was on the back of his neck. It was like the one Drake's family had. I suddenly felt pain in my lower side. I cry out, falling and scrambling to hold onto the boy. He stops and picks me up, trying to carry me.

I look down and see my side is soaked with red. The boy couldn't hold me anymore, dropping to his knees with me in his arms. He had tears streaked down his face. He was calling a name, Kyrah, but he was looking at me.

No I'm not kyrah, I thought but I couldn't find the words. He pressed his mouth to my side trying to stop the bleeding and to suck out the germs. I slowly started to shut my eyes, feeling really tired. He kept crying out Kyrah. I'm not Kyrah anymore.

"I'm NOT KYRAH!" I screamed,sitting up in bed. I was gasping for air in a cold sweat. I frantically looked around the room for the boy. He was gone. I started to cry uncontrollably.  

Drake came in then with a tray of food. He saw me crying and rushed to my side.

"Mary whats wrong, does it hurt!" He sounded frantic. I kept shaking my head. 

"I'm not Kyrah, i promise!" I said repeatedly. He looked so confused. I put my hands on my side where the wound was and gasped. I brought up my shirt to see a large mark of brown that was the size of a knife blade. My parents had told me that I had it since they found me.

But they didn't tell me it was a wound from when they found me. I looked at Drake in fear. He was there, he knew what happened to me, the little boy had to be him. I jerked back from his touch, struggling to get up.

"Who are you really!" I cry out pointing my finger at him accusingly. 

"Mary, what are you talking about?" He came closer trying to hold me. I shrieked scrambling for the door. He looked destroyed for that. I felt pain in my heart but I needed answers and I needed them now. 

"You have the mark, the mark that the little boy had!" I collapse to the ground crying. He starts to come to me slowly.

"Mary, please tell me what happened." I shake my head, covering my ears, trying to block him out.

He takes my hands and lifts them to his chest.

"Mary!" I looked up to see his face covered in worry. I couldnt take it anymore, I fling myself into his arms and tell him about my past, my dream, my parents, the boy. He looked at me and hugged me tighter. It was nice and warm. I held him close, sobbing.

He pulls back and looks at me."Mary I promise, I'll find out everything I can." I nodded and held onto him. We heard commotion in the hallway. A guard bursts into the room.

"Sir , the king is looking for Elizab-." the guard looks at me and runs over to me. He pry's me off of Drake no matter how hard I fought.

"Let her go!" Drake yelled trying to fight the guard off me.

"My orders are from the king, sir, not you." He then pulls me down the hallway. I was crying out for him but he was being contained by all the other guards.

"DRAKE!" I scream.