Chapter 13 - Perks of the Job

The weeks had flown by and it was now Christmas eve and also Taylors 18th birthday.

Donna had pulled out all the stops for her daughters present. Cristiano had helped by taking her to car show rooms ensuring she got a good deal buying Taylors first car.

The assistant and her boss had managed to stay just friends and all was going well that he and his mother had offered to cook the birthday meal.

Sitting at the dining table of the main house Taylor was happily enjoying her first legal drink of wine.

"Mum please don't keep me waiting any longer for my present , im dying here" squealed Taylor

Donna laughed "after dinner I told you"

Cristiano laughed as he rubbed the teenagers head messing her hair "I already know what it is" he teased her
Taylor gasped "oh Cris please tell me"

Just then Junior came running into the kitchen "papai papai come see what I built" he squealed pulling on his father's leg

"Saved" laughed Cris leaving the room

Taylor sighed "I'm going to grab my phone from the house since you spoilsports are killing me" as she left the house.

Donna was left alone with Dolores, she had only met the woman a few times but she got the impression she didn't like her.

"Can I help with anything" asked Donna getting up and making her way over to Dolores who was by the cooker

"You could pour the wine" she replied pointing to the bottles in the corner

Donna began to lay out the wine glasses as Dolores dished up the meal, the pair hadn't spoken much since their first meeting but the silence felt awkward.

"Have I done something to offend you......its just I get the impression you don't really like me" asked the brunette

Dolores didn't bother to look up as she answered "no dear you haven't offended me you are Cristiano's assistant and I treat you as such"

The brunette didn't know how to take the comment, she was unsure what it meant. Confused she sat back at the table as Cris came in and sat beside her.

The footballer looked between the girl and his mother "is everything ok.....did I miss something?"

"Everything's fine son" replied Dolores placing a hand on her sons shoulder

Donna took a gulp of her wine, feeling she might need it.

..............

Dinner went by smoothly even Dolores kept it polite often smiling over at the brunette.

Cristiano pushed his chair out "I think it's time you put this one out of her misery" he said pointing to Taylor.

Taylor jumped up and let out a squeal "yes please mum"

Donna laughed as Cris grabbed her hand pulling her to her feet.

Dolores watched her son as he led the brunette out of the kitchen and out to the driveway.

The group gathered on the porch as Cristiano pulled a remote from his pocket, pressing a button the garage door began to lift up revealing a brand new blue mini with a huge red bow around it.

Donna looked at her daughter as Taylor screamed jumping up and down, tears began to stream from the blondes face as she ran over to her mother pulling her into a tight hug.

"Thank you mum, I love you so much" screamed Taylor

"I love you too" replied Donna hugging her daughter.