Chapter 10 - Meeting the Family

"How do I look" asked Donna as she stood checking herself out in the full length mirror of her new bedroom.

It was 7:45pm and the mother and daughter were getting ready for dinner at Ronaldos.

The brunette had decided to dress semi casual, she wanted to play it safe as she was unsure if the family dressed for dinner or not. She had opted for a Tan coloured T-shirt dress and nude heels, she had curled her hair letting it hang loose over to one side.

Taylor entered the room nudging her mother out of the mirrors view "you look gorgeous as always" she replied applying her red lipstick.

Donna had decided to apply just a little grey eyeshadow to her lids and her usual baby pink lipstick, she didn't want to look too overdone.

Her nerves were kicking in, she was always shy when meeting new people and tonight she had a feeling she would be centre of attention, something the brunette hated.

Taking a deep breath, she sprayed her favourite perfume Chanel Chance.

"Calm down mum, it's just dinner.....you already got the job" joked her daughter

"You know how I am meeting new people....I feel like I'm on display" she replied smoothing down her dress.

Taylor moved over to her mother wrapping her arm around her "Don't worry I'm here with you.....They just want to be nice and offer us a nice meal on our first night, your not on display"

Donna nodded taking another deep breath as they made their way out of the house.

Walking into the kitchen of the main house the aromas made Donna's mouth water, she noticed the woman standing over the cooker.

"Hi" said Donna as she and Taylor stepped into the kitchen.

The woman turned around to face them, "Hello there, you must be Donna" she said rushing over to hug the brunette

Donna was stunned and glared at Taylor who laughed silently at her mother's awkwardness.

"Yip, im Donna" she answered slightly hugging the woman back. She was not comfortable with this level of affection from a stranger.

"And you must be Taylor" squealed the woman releasing Donna and grabbing her daughter for a hug.

Taylor embraced the woman tightly hugging her back.

"Look at you two, you are just gorgeous" stated the woman as she stepped back from the girls to have a good look at them

"I'm Dolores, Cristiano's mother....Please take a seat" she said pointing to the dining table

The girls took a seat at the table, Donna ensured she sat next to her daughter, she needed the support to hide her awkwardness.

"Would you girls like a drink while we wait for the food" asked Dolores "we have a selection of wines or some juice if you prefer"

"just a glass of rose please" answered Donna

"Same for me please" added Taylor

Donna shot a look to her daughter "I don't think so missy, your only 17"

"Oh one glass won't do any harm.....its her first night in beautiful Madrid let her enjoy it" chirped Dolores placing the glasses in front of them.

Taylor grinned at her mother, knowing she was getting away with this. The PA didn't like confrontation at the best of times but especially not in front of strangers.

Taylor sipped her wine as Donna stared at her "Take it easy" she said pointing at her daughter

Just then Cristiano walked in and kissed his mother's head "smells delicious ma"