Chapter 17 - Old Faces

Donna had managed to avoid Cristiano since they were caught in bed together.

The footballer had called her many times but she didn't pick up, he had knocked on her door but she hadn't answered. She just wanted to be left alone.

The press were relentless, they had camped outside the gates of the house meaning she couldn't leave the property. She didn't want to risk them finding out who she was.

Taylor was stuck in Paris, Donna didn't want her daughter coming home to be hounded by the media. They might have used her to find information about the brunette.

Picking up her phone Donna called her daughter "Hi honey" she said as Taylor answered "Hi mum, how's things at home"

Donna sighed "yea it's fine don't worry.....I want to know about you"

"I'm having so much fun, Cris hooked us up in a top hotel and you'll never guess who I met" squealed the blonde

Donna missed her daughter so much but she sounded like she was having the time of her life and she knew she had to let her live her own life.

"I can't guess, who did you meet" she asked her daughter

"Justin, I met Justin Bieber mum, can you believe it" she screamed

Donna laughed, she knew how much her daughter loved the singer. It had been her dream to meet him.

"How did that happen" she gasped

"Cristiano set it up, he knew I was stuck here so he booked us into the same hotel as Justin" she carried on "Cris called Justin told him we were stranded here and could he meet with us for dinner"

The brunette wondered what her boss was up to, was he trying to get on her good side by setting up the meeting. She tried not to get angry feeling like he was buying his way into her life again.

"I'm so happy for you Taylor" she laughed

"Mum don't be so hard on Cris, he's one of the good ones" replied Taylor

Donna sighed.

"Talk to him, who cares what people think. I saw the pictures and you look good together. Have some fun" added her daughter

Smiling at the words the brunette realised how grown up her daughter was. She was proud of her.

"I've got to go now but mum just live a little, can you believe I had dinner with Justin" squealed Taylor before hanging up.

Donna went to bed that night thinking about the ball, she had to admit it was one of the best times of her life she told herself.

Getting up to close the blinds she looked over at Cristiano's bedroom, the light was on as he stood by the window looking down at her.

She smiled, it had been 3 days since she had seen him, although she didn't want to admit it she knew she missed him.

Cris smiled back as she closed the blinds.

Looking at the brunette Cristiano hoped the smile meant she was ready to talk to him, he couldn't bear that she was so close to him yet seemed so distant.

Tomorrow the PA was due back at work, maybe then he would get to talk to her. So far the press still had no idea who she was so surely she couldn't stay mad at him for too long he thought.

.......................

Donna made her way along the hallway of the main house, taking a deep breath before entering the office, she had to be prepared to face the footballer.