Chapter 33 - Take me to the ER

Arriving at the hospital Cristiano was quickly wheeled along the corridor surrounded by doctors as Donna held onto his hand.

The footballer still hadn't gained conciousness.

"You have to wait here while we work on him" stated the nurse as she pointed to the chairs in the hallway.

Donna shook her head before kissing Cristiano's hand as he was wheeled away.

Taking a seat the brunette thought about what had happened. She knew her boyfriend had been hurt she just never knew it was this bad. Silently praying, she asked for him to pull through, he deserved it after what he had done.

The time ticked by as Donna watched the clock on the wall and still there was no news. It had been 30 minutes since Cristiano had gone into the room at the end of the corridor.

"Mum" squealed Taylor as she came running along the hallway. Donna jumped up as Taylor hugged her.

"How is he?" Asked Justin

"There's no news yet" replied the brunette as she sat back down. Taylor took the seat next to her mother taking her hand in hers.

"I'm sure he's going to be ok" she said trying desperately to reassure her mother

Donna looked at the blonde "What if he's not?" She asked

Taylor squeezed her mum's hand, she didn't know what to tell her since there hadn't been any news.

"The police want to speak to us later" said Justin "apparently Derek was part of a human trafficking ring and he took Taylor to sell to his boss......he was planning on taking her to Morocco to be sold" he added

Donna looked shocked, she couldn't believe how close she had come to losing her daughter.

She grabbed Taylor pulling her close to hug her. "I'm so glad we got you out" she said "I'm never letting you out of my sight again" continued the brunette

"I won't let anything happen to her again" added Justin winking at the blonde as Taylor blushed.

Donna could see that the pop star was keen on her daughter, she thought it was sweet the way he had looked after her since she had been rescued.

"Oh and I thought you'd like to know.....The boss died in the explosion" said Justin

"Some good news then" answered the brunette.

The doctor walked out of the room and Donna jumped up.

"He's stable" she said "we managed to slow down the internal bleeding without surgery but I want to send him for a CT scan just to check everything's ok around his brain" she added

"His brain?" Asked Donna

"Don't worry he's going to be fine" said the Doctor as she touched the brunettes arm "it's just a precaution"

Donna breathed a sigh of relief "can I see him" she asked

The doctor smiled stepping aside to allow the brunette into the room.

Cristiano lay on the bed hooked up to an IV, his T Shirt had been removed to assess the damage to his body. His chest was bruised and bloody from what she could see.

Donna approached him as he turned to face her.

He was awake and she was so happy that she ran to his side throwing her arms around him.

Cristiano grunted in pain slightly, "oh sorry" added Donna leaning up

"No its ok" he replied pulling his girlfriend close as she began to cry.

"Hey, why the tears" asked the footballer as he lifted her head to look at him

"I thought I might lose you" she sobbed

"I'm not going anywhere, you don't get rid of me that easy" he replied wiping away her tears.

"I love you Cristiano Ronaldo" stated Donna

Cristiano looked shocked, he never expected the brunette to say that but he was happy she did because he felt it too.

"I love you Donna Collins" he replied

Donna kissed the footballer. She knew he was the one, this was the man she wanted to spend her forever with and she wasn't going to waste anymore time. Today had taught her that life was precious and that she was lucky to have both her beautiful daughter and this amazing man in her life.