Chapter 18 - Rekindling the Flame

The next morning Donna made her way to the office, Cristiano was waiting for the brunette as she walked into the room.

Immediately the footballer jumped up to meet her "So what did he want?" He asked touching her arm.

Donna looked down at his hand resting on her arm. "He wants me back" she replied unable to look at him.

Cris laughed "did you tell him where to go stick it?"

"Not exactly" she mumbled

Removing his arm the footballer took a step back "What do you mean not exactly?"

Donna didn't have the courage to look him in the eye, she wasn't sure why she felt so guilty it's not as if they were in a relationship together.

She hung her head as she took a seat at the desk.

"Answer me Donna, have you taken him back?" Shouted the portugese.

The PA jumped slightly as he raised his voice "yes I have......we're back together" she shouted back.

Cristiano looked at the brunette, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "How can you take him back.....what about us" he asked

"There is no us Cris, your my boss.....that's what we agreed" she replied

"Less than 24 hours ago we were having sex in the hot tub" he scoffed at her

"Cris don't make this any harder than it has to be" she pleaded with the footballer

"Why him?" He asked shaking his head

"We have history together, I was in love with him and he was a huge part of my life, I think we can make it work" she explained hoping Cris would understand

He didn't.

The brunette looked at her boss, he seemed hurt, she moved towards him as he moved away from her. Shaking his head he walked out of the room.

Donna watched him leave, she wondered why he was so bothered. They weren't a couple and anyway he could have a fling with anyone he wanted.

Cristiano got into his porsche and sped away from the house.

What had he been thinking, she was no different to the other girls he had been involved with.

He just couldn't believe his assistant had chosen that guy over him.

...................

Donna hadn't seen her boss the rest of the day, she had finished work and was in the guest house getting ready to meet Ben.

The brunette had attempted to dress up for the occasion but for some reason she didn't feel like it, she couldn't stop thinking about Cristiano.

Eventually she decided on white skinny jeans, black vest top and matching black heels. She threw on some gold bangles and long necklace before heading out to her car.

Approaching the garage she could hear voices, the door slid up as she made her way inside. She stopped, noticing Cristiano leaning over his car.

Suddenly she realised he wasn't alone as a girl lifted her head up from the front of the car to look at her.

Cris laughed helping the girl to her feet as she pulled down her dress.

Donna opened her car door attempting to get in as Cris winked at her "your not the only one with a hot date tonight" he said patting the girls behind.

The girl laughed. "Let's take this inside" he said grabbing her hand and walking away.

The brunette tried to act like she didn't care but something inside told her she did as she watched them walk away.