Unfaithful - 6

Ruby's P.O.V.

“ WINSTON.” I screamed across the arrivals.

He turned in a flash and walked towards me; I stopped and pulled him into an excited hug. I had just gotten off of my flight which was 1hr 33minutes long and had landed in Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport which was ten miles out of Signal Mountain but the good thing for us was that our little town we were now living with was just on the outskirts of the centre of the mountain which was really good. With the town being out of the way it meant that there was only a population of 450 which wasn’t allot compared to what I was used to.

Winston patted my back and started to lead me towards the car. I breathed in the cool air and was hit by a smell of clean air and wild flowers, something I had never really experienced before. We were quite a ways away from the main part of Signal Mountain when I started noticing the lack of cars about, there was about 2 or 3 until they turned back and we were the only ones.

“ Where are all the cars?” I asked turning to Winston from the passenger seat.

“ The town we live in now is called Maseru because it’s so out of the way all of them use horses, bikes or walk to get around, cars are rare around these parts Ruby get used to it.” He told me.

“ It’s not that I’m worried about, have we got electricity?” I asked worriedly.

“ This isn’t the middle ages Ruby, yes they do along with clean water.” He said mockingly.

“ Thank god.” I said throwing my head back dramatically.

“ So where’s Demi?” I asked after a minute.

“ She’s in the town, decided to have a nice walk.” He said.

We turned down a dirt road and I was damn lucky we were in a 4x4 because I was sure we would have bounced off the road at this rate. I grabbed onto the door handle in the roof and held on for dear life.

“ Why is there hardly any cars?” I gasped out as we were momentarily in the air.

“ Gas is low around these parts. The gas truck has a hard time getting down here.” He said trying his hardest to keep a hold of the wheel.

“ I’m not surprised, how much further?” I asked.

“ About 2 minutes then were at the turn off that leads into town.” He breathed.

We did eventually make the turn off after 2 or maybe 3 agonising minutes of going up and down and up and down on the jagged, dirty, rocky road. Winston looked relieved to get onto flat ground too as he let out a breath and rolled down the windows letting the strong breeze blow in across my face.

I looked out of my window and shielded my eyes as I was blinded by the bright light, I  turned away and started fishing through my hand bag for my Aviators. I pulled them out and gratefully slipped them onto my face coving my eyes and turned back to look out of the window. I was instantly pulled in by it all, it mesmerised me. We were surrounded by meadows, that had such long luscious grass that if flowed in the wind without a care, the trees, of the few there were, stood tall and wide with thick trunks twice the size of a person’s body and branches as long as an arm. Wild flowers stuck out from the old, aged wooden fences that lined the road and some meadows, showing where the boundaries’ of peoples land were.

“ It’s beautiful out here.” I whispered.

“ You chose a good place Ruby.” Winston stated.

“ Really? You think?” I said happily.

“ The town and the people are great. Their looking forward to meeting you after all the things Demi told them.” He chuckled.

“ Oh no.” I groaned.