Unfaithful - 15

Ruby's P.O.V

2 days later.........

I was so excited! Today was the day my dad came and we had the town accapella competition this week too, it was going to be great.

Winston was leaving to pick him up from the airport right now and I had to go out. I had Beast saddled and ready so left after I watched Winston drive off. I nudged Beast into a gallop and made my way down the trail and into town.

I first made my way over to the studio that Lyrical Life and I rehearsed in; I tied Beast up at the normal post and made my way quickly inside. The whole group was here and going over some vocal exercises before we actually started.

“ Morning everyone, sorry I’m a bit late. My dad’s coming into town today.” I told them.

“ No problem Ruby.” Charity said.

“ Your dad’s coming? Is he going to watch the competition on Thursday?” Jules asked.

“ It’s the highlight of this month the whole towns going so why shouldn’t he?” I told her.

“ How are you going to get away from your dad, Winston, Demi and your stable hands to get backstage?” Matthew asked me.

“ I’ll think of something but I will be able to be there.” I stated.

They didn’t think I was going to be able to do it but I will, it wouldn’t be too hard to get away from them all because I could get away in the crowd. They were just getting the hang of having me around most of time now as well because there were only 7 of them when I joined, 4 girls and 3 boys. Matthew and Marlow were the baritones of the group while Tom was just the deep bass. Jules was the soprano of the group; she could go so high it could break glass while Charity, Lana and May were the middles, it was a great harmony and you could tell they enjoyed what they did but I felt that they were uncomfortable with me being around sometimes.

It was when practise was over and the set list was finally finished did I notice something wrong, everyone had left and it was only Charity and I left. There was something not right about her today she looked...ill.

“ Charity...are you okay?” I asked her.

She looked up and shrugged, her usual self had disappeared as if she was only keeping it up because the rest of the group was here. I walked over to her and placed my hands on her shoulders. She had dark rings around her eyes and her skin looked pale and her usual glossy hair looked like straw.

“ You look really ill.” I stated worriedly.

“ It’s nothing.” She said weakly trying to brush my hands away.

I backed away from her knowing she wanted her space, she packed up her stuff and walked out of the studio. I followed after her and untied Beast from his post, I jumped onto his back and gathered his reins in my hand turning him around in a circle then followed after her on a trot. She looked so fragile and I was really worried.

“ Go away Ruby.” She called over to me.

“ Not until yo-.”

I was cut off as she turned the corner of the street and collapsed. I pulled Beast to a stop as people crowded and ran over to her, I elbowed my way through the crowd and finally got to her. She was out cold; I lifted her into my arms as best I could because she was heavy and carried her back over to Beast as quickly as I could.

“ Hey! Where are you taking her?” Someone called out.

“ To a doctor.” I told them.

I set her over Beast’s saddle and pulled his reins before he could rear. I hopped onto his saddle again and held Charity on as I kicked Beast into a full out gallop, we stormed onto Main Street and I rode down to Grace’s as people gathered.