Unfaithful - 35

Ruby's P.O.V.

We reached the airport at 11 o’clock after we had to make detour because I wanted to pick up my outfit that I had worn all through my performances with me. When I called the co-director he wasn’t happy about the fact that I was suddenly leaving but I told him there was nothing he could do about it and then hung up on him.

Since we had taken a taxi to the airport we didn’t have to worry about leaving a car behind although Winston had left the Hummer in Tennessee at the airport over there in reserved parking which was pretty handy if you ask me because we could get into town quicker.

The airport was still pretty busy considering the time of the night but it didn’t surprise me that much this was New York after all. We managed to catch a flight but had to wait a bit seeing as it didn’t leave till half past eleven. We went and got a drink and talked for a little while until our flight was called.

We boarded and were directed to First Class where we would be seated. I placed my handbag in the overhead compartment above me then strapped myself into my seat. Our bags were being loaded into the plane as we settled down and got adjusted to our accommodation for the next few hours.

We took off at 12am on the dot and began the long trip home to everyone we love. Once the Captain had gone told us how long it would be till we got back I decided to get some sleep after all it had been a very long day and tomorrow would probably be too.

~*~

We were finally here! After countless hours of flying which I had actually spent sleeping we had made it back. I practically ran off of the plane  towards baggage claim but calmed down a bit when Winston put a hand on my shoulder.

Once we had gathered our bags we both wheeled them out to where Winston had last parked the car before he came to New York. Demi didn’t know we were here as did anyone else so it was going to be quite a surprise and It was going to be fun. As we walked outside we were met by a bright  sunshine and a warm temperature, it didn’t surprise me though because it was after all June.

Since I was wearing jeans and a heavy coat Winston let me get changed in the back of the car while he waited outside. I opened up my suitcase and pulled on a pair of jean shorts and a white blouse that I tucked into them, I slipped on a pair of red wedges to go with it and then zipped my suitcase back up after placing my other clothes back inside. I climbed into the passenger seat and rolled down the front windows to let some natural air in.

We were driving soon enough but we were still going to be later it was nearly 1pm now and it would have started by now and I had a feeling that I would miss the girls performing. When I told Winston this he put his foot down a little more and soon we were on the road into town because we were going so fast we were being jolted all over the place and thrown up into the air.

When we actually rolled onto Main Street it was like a ghost town, not a single person was to be seen. I told Winston to drive around the back of Old Man Elson’s hill so that we could have the element of surprise and he parked up right behind the stage. I got out after a quick thank you and hurried up the back side of the hill then into backstage.

People stared as I rushed past but I just carried onto my destination, I stood backstage to find the girls just starting their song which was ‘Cannonball’ by a group called Little Mix.

“ Ladies and Gentlemen this song is dedicated to Ruby Ryan.” Lilly called out to them.

I stood and listened as the first few words flew out of their mouths, their harmony’s had improved since I had been away and they sounded great. It was easy to tell the Deana was the leader of the group because she was taking the parts with the stronger vocals. I had an urge to sing with them and surprise them so looked around for a microphone, I spotted a guy with a few microphones and called out to him.